How can I lower my blood pressure quickly?

I'm on the heavy side & I've been taking medication for my blood pressure but it doesn't seem to be working all of a sudden. I've had a headache for a week & nothing seems to get rid of it. I decided to stop drinking coke or anything containing caffeine. I don't have insurance so I would have to spend the whole day in a county emergency room. What do you recommend I do to lower my blood pressure quickly but safely? Thanks for your advise.

Favorite Answer

Hi,

I suggest you should try Transcendental Meditation. Its effective to control human blood pressure. You can have the Transcendental Meditation here,

http://the-transcendental-meditation.blogspot.com/

Thanks

Narza

• ?

3 years ago, I was diagnosed - hypertension with a reading of 160/100. I used to feel dizzy a lot, my legs had awful cramps, and levels were very low in my potassium, causing my fingers and toes to always cramp together. One day I started to feel really faint while I was driving with my daughter in the back seat and I passed out, hitting 3 cars and ending up in a ditch. That moment,I knew I had to do something because my meds weren't working. I heard about this diet from a friend and thought I'd give it a shot. The results have been remarkable. In just 21 days, I honestly can't remember feeling this good, my blood pressure went from 175/110 to 125/70.

actually i have hypertension too and onece i started to get these really bad headaches but then i realized i was taking my dads dose which is like 4 times stronger and i stopped and after a while the headache stopped. but to lower it down quickly? im not sure thats entirely possible, maybe exercising and not much caffeine or salty foods. but i think you should ask your doctor, maybe you need a higher dosage.

• toodd

if medicine could not help lower BP because of water retention, maybe furosemide (water pill) plus extra vitamin and potassium for replacement can help occasionally plus a minimum salt and caffein in food intake.