Any good station wagons still being made?

In the market for a used, maybe new, station wagon but unwilling to leaf through a bunch old consumer mag back issues. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There are many good station wagons still out on the road. Volvo happens to make many of them, including the V70, V50, and XC70. BMW also makes a couple, including the 3 series wagon and the 5 series wagon, two very sporty yet good wagons. Mercedes also still makes a few wagons (E class only, i think), and they're mostly good, too.

These are the European wagons still being made, and you can also find others that are not European. The European wagons are more expensive to buy and then maintain, so if you're on a tight budget, you may want to look at cheaper options. This brings you to the Japanese and American competitors.

The Japanese wagons are rare, although we do have some that are good: The Toyota Venza (new for 2009), the Toyota Matrix, and the Mazdaspeed 3, a fast version of the Mazda 3 hatchback.

In the American ring, we have the Pontiac Vibe, a sister to the Toyota Matrix, and a few others, although I would stay away. American cars in the past have been very unreliable and not as high-quality as other cars, especially the Japanese.

Used station wagons are plentiful, and they will mostly consist of European wagons. All the American wagons are not too good, so I would look at an old 5 Series wagon (I saw a 2003 5 wagon for only 8 grand the other day). Other european wagons are good, especially the ones from mercedes.

Good luck!

Source(s): Experience gained from leafing through old magazines such as Consumer Reports...for fun!
  • 4 years ago

they made few by way of fact back then maximum persons identifying to purchase a wagon have been given a huge one that is probable no longer nicely worth lots now - merely make constructive in case you covert it to a drag vehicle you save each and all the unique areas you took off - you in no way understand - there could be a station wagon fad interior the destiny

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

subaru makes a good station wagon. my mailman drives 1 of those. they are good in snow.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes try volvo. Its safe, fast, and sporty.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.