Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

is this a good way to loose weight? :s?

i've been drinking almost 2 litres of water a day.

taking a womans multi-vitamin (from GNC)

and also Accelis, the weight loss supplement, but its not a strong one, its more like just a boost.

as well as drinking one cup of green tea daily

and doing light exercising (a few crunches, stretches, dancing, walking everywhere instead of driving)

i eat mostly granola, oats, (like cheerios, mini wheats, nutrigrain, nature valley, once a week subway) but i've always eaten like that anyway.. its just what i prefer. its cleaner to me then big greasy burgers... which by the way i cut out completly..

it seems to be having an effect, but is this healthy enough?

how might i add to it so that it could be healthier, or more effective?

im 18, 5'7, 135 pounds now. my BMI is average, but i gained some weight i wanted to loose... roughy 10 pounds.

well i dont wannt go strictly health food, carrots and apples, im just wondering if what im eating is ENOUGH, in terms of ENERGY and my general well-being .. i know theres healthyier things out there (duh).

ooohh okay im getting it now ...

like im in university, so i eat healtier than most people here lol thats all i know, but i get what your saying ..

Favorite Answer

Done really have advice except words of encouragement. You sound very healthy and overall concerned about your health. At 5'7" 135lbs, you dont sound overweight. Just keep up the good work.

Dancing is good cardio... you may want to incorporate more of that for a healthy heart.

It sounds like you're doing everything right!

My best advice is to cut out "mindless" calories, especially from things like soda and chips.

If you want to really step up the weight loss process, I'd try to cut back a bit on the whole grains and replace it with proteins. While whole grains ARE good for you, they can add more calories and carbs to your diet than a protein will.

I'd look to adding fish or chicken, but lean cuts of beef or pork in a reasonable portion size contributes less carbs than a bread/grain. I'd add some complex vegetables too, like broccoli.

Like the previous answer, I'd also consider adding more exercise if possible too.

Otherwise, try to not eat after 7pm at night.

No matter what you hear, know this... Carbs convert to sugars which your body turns to fat. Try to limit yourself to less than 70 carbohydrates a day. (I personally try to stay under 40.)

Your body will NEVER use up the fat on your bum or gut if you are giving it all it needs through your digestion. You HAVE to stop/reduce the carbs (aka sugars) to make your body turn to your fat cells for energy. Ask any doctor and they'll tell you the same thing.

The arguement as to how much reduction is safe and sustainable. Obviously, if you eat nothing but salad and water, when you stop that diet, you'll gain weight. So try to reduce it in a way that you're not completely creating a diet that you can't sustain for years to come.

Does that make sense?

At 135 pounds, your daily calorie intake just to maintain your weight is probably 1500 a day. As women, we can't use those portion sizes printed on most packages because they are based on a 2000 calorie diet. To lose weight, you've got to go lower than 1500 calories a day. Try to reduce it by 300, but 500 will get you faster results. I might be wrong, but you should never cut it more than have of your normal intake because it can be dangerous/deadly.

I don't like to over-analyze my eating, but I try to eat clean foods like you do too. I don't want to weigh and measure everything. Admittedly, I have taken time to know what are carbs, what proteins are, and portion sizes. Once you know the basics, I feel that I can go anywhere and eat healthy. I don't need a book to tell me what is good or not.

I agree, it sounds like a lot of processed food. Maybe you could try having a salad or some fresh fruit to balance things. Also, your weight is fine for your height.

where is your protein? and your good fats? all i see is carbs. and carbs are not conducive for fat loss.

so no, i don't think its a good way to lose fat. you may lose "weight' but it will be muscle that you lose.

at 135lbs you should be eating approx 1600 calories per day. more importantly than the calorie number is the nutrient content of the foods that make up those calories. i'd say: 170 grams of protein 60 grams of fat 100 grams of carbs.

try that out

Sleeping will effect your blody weight so get enough sleep to looss your weight

people who eat breakfast have a better shot at losing and maintaining weight loss

yeah seems fine to me, just dont go over the top with the whole losing weight thing. guys don't mind and 135 and 5'7 seems perfectly fine with me.

Source(s): 17 year old guy lol

fast food is salty food if you cut back on the salt in a few weeks youll be able to better taste the natural salts in food and may not crave the junk as much as you used to

milk a cow for 34 minutes

cool down with 20 minutes of white water rafting in the nearby tongariro river