Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Would the world be a better place with or without religion?

Interesting question i asked my Religious Studies teacher, what do you think?

Favorite Answer

Without religion the world would be total chaos

Kp

• Amy R

Imagine there's no religion?

Well, religion causes more wars than it resolves, so it would be much more peaceful. Without religions, most of the fighing around the world would end, since religious differences would no longer exist and there would be no desire to fight based on ancient religious beliefs.

Depends on how you define "religion". To me - a Christian - I do not have a religion. My faith is a way of life, I live what I believe. If I claim to believe something just because some told me to, but end up not doing that thing, I make myself and my "religion" into a hypocrite. The way I live shows what I believe. "Religion" get very confusing. If I'm trying to follow Christ, I have to live like Him. If I TRULY believe in Him... i WILL live like Him. So really, I think we'd be a better place without religion. We just have to get our beliefs right....

I think it's a hopelessly confused question. Is Scientology included, Animism, Primitive Fetishisms. And if so, Why ? Why is it all thousands of religions or none ? Really, I don't even get the rhetorical function of it. How do you define religion ? Mail order religious pastorates ? You have completely confused me.

Without religion. A true knowledge of God from the Bible is necessary for a happy life but not the falsehood religion teaches.

With religion

Religions of the world mostly preach to love one another, help those in need, be faithful to spouse, etc.

They also teach that there is a higher power and consequences for living an evil life.

Without religion there is no right and wrong. Morality becomes dark and twisted. Without a moral people, there is no hope for that society. They will destroy themselves.

• Watev

Without religion, atheists would be fine because their morals are already established. However, for some religions like Christianity, if they didn't have a book to base their morals off of, they'd go running around stoning disobedient children and murdering homosexuals.

With. It's freedom from religion that's causing most of the trouble lately.

The world would be a better place if people actually WALKED the walk of their religious beliefs instead of just TALKING the talk.

Well the world would still have it's differences but I'd be willing to bet money it'd be a better place