Dana asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

How do can I reduce the file size of a pdf?

I'm trying to reduce the file size of a pdf I am trying to upload on my website. The size right now is a very large 7.66 MB. Of course, this requires a very long download time. I've tried a few tricks, but none seem to be working.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Favorite Answer

If you have the full version of Acrobat, then you can re-rip the files to PDF using lower settings for graphics resolution.

Or, split it into several sections.

You could try using a compression program to make it into a ZIP or RAR file, but you may not be able to get it much smaller, and of course it demands that your client has a uncompression program for it.

Great question I've been wondering this for awhile i have a bunch of websites and i cant put anything over 10mb up

have you tried changing the compression before it creates it as a pdf? usually you can change that if you go thru the options.