What to write on the invitation?

My sister in Law is having a birthday party for her 2yr old and on the same day she is going to have a wedding ceremony during the birthday. She wanted to include a small card with the invitation and is supposed to be a surprise and she doesn't know what to write. I know that this sound like a dumb thing but this is what she wants. Can anyone give me Ideas on what to write. Thank you All answers are appreciated

Update:

I completly agree with the answers but this is her choice and I cant change her mind. She just wants to add a little note letting everyone know that there will be a surprise and she wants for it to sound nice and formal but doesn't know what to write.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"You are cordially invited to a semi-formal reception celebrating Jane's 2nd birthday on Saturday the 29th of November. Light Hors d'oeuvres and refreshments will be served."

No need to mention a surprise if her only intent is to get people to dress up.

If she wants to mention that there will be a surprise, she can add a note, "A surprise event is scheduled for 2pm"

• Suz123
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Why include anything? If she wants the wedding to be a surprise, don't mention it at all. Just include the birthday party info.

Including wedding info would defeat the surprise element of it all.

Then when all birthday party guests are present, say: "By the way, this is also a wedding," Just announce the wedding at the birthday party.

Edit: If she insists on putting something, see here:

http://verseit.com/

• 1 decade ago

Who is getting married? Your sister in law? So the primary reason for the party is the 2 year old birthday, and not the wedding? It is a surprise WEDDING? I am very very confused. Sounds kind of lame. Instead of helping her with what to put on the invites, I would convince her that this is a very bad idea. Sounds like she knows nobody wants to come to her wedding, and she is going to trap people by telling them it is a birthday party instead. LAME LAME LAME

• 1 decade ago

What is the surprise? The wedding? Who is getting surprised? You need to put more info in the question.

I guess she isn't expecting wedding gifts since it is going to be a surprise so why even write anything in the card. Just let it be a surprise.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • tiggy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I realize the two year old probably wont know the difference but it is extremely unusual. A child shouldnt have to share their birthday with their mothers wedding anniversary. Its already so tastless it doesnt seem to be anything she can do to make it more tasteful.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.