My obs and their fees?

are stressing me out. I had moved to an ew city, and I had to get a new ob. She was ok, in fact she told me things that my prev ob did not tell me, that he should have. Anyhow, I have just switched ob's. I'm 38 weeks, I switched at 37 weeks. The reason why I switched was because my prev ob INSISTED that I have a sonogram b/c my uterus was measuring higher than it should be. I thought it was kind of weird that she kept referring me to the exact same place over and over with this extreme high rate, when I told her plenty of times we were not able to pay the fee. I put it off for as long as I could, because my insurance would not cover it because they feel it it was not medically necessary. I stressed over it, and my husband told me to switch dr.'s. I like my new ob, she's nice, and I immediately told her that about my uterus, and her nurse measured me, and she did too, and she told me my uterus is measuring normal! I'm still angry about it. I don't know why my prev ob made such a big deal of it. Now, I have to pay a delivery fee. My prev ob never brought it up, and I'm due in 2 weeks, so I have to pay it right away. My husband called our insurance, and they said that my ob should send them a bill 1st, and then we can pay what we need to pay, but my new ob billing dept. says they do not go about it that way. Now, I'm stressed again because I have to pay this extremely large fee right away, and I'm not sure how to do that. I don't know if they need to contact my ins. or vice versa, but I really don't want to deal with it, but I know I don't have a choice. It's just it is so stressful. My insurance co. says they should be billed, and my ob says no, we're not doing that, pay now. I don't really know what to do.

Yes, I'm going to ask him to come with me this week to talk to them in person.

This all sounds like a bunch of crap, you must have terrible ins. This is that last thing you should have to worry about. I say just wait till labor starts go to the hospital, they cant refuse to deliver your baby, and then submit to the ins and pay payments to the ob.

I had to pay my OB the delivery fees up front. but they told me i could do 4 payments or 1 payment. some OB's require you to do it up front. talk to the billing department and maybe they can work out some kind of monthly payments.

Source(s): 27 Weeks Pregnant

is there any way you can get the money from someone and pay them back when your insurance check comes in after the delivery?

I dont see you have much choice right now...

Why dont you ask your husband to take care of it because it obviously stresses you out too much.