Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

whats your opinion on the name Gwendolyn/Gwen?

like it?

I kind of like "gwen" for some reason

I just dont like the lyn part in gwendolyn =P

thnx for answering

• rose
    Favorite Answer

I like Gwen, but i hate Gwendolyn. =]

i love Gwen!

I don't really know about Gwendolyn. It's a name that i'm not sure if i like it or not. It sounds pretty, but at the same time, it sounds a bit... "goofy" [for lack of a better word!] the name Gwendolyn sounds just a bit much, i guess. Gwen is beautiful though :)

• CCL

Gwen is nice but I don't like Gwendolyn either. It's not the lyn part, it's the O that bothers me.

I really like Gwen, but I've always been confused about finding something other than Gwendolyn as a full name too. I've considered Gwyneth also.

• I love the name Gwendolyn, it's one of my fav girls names, and it's been one of my fav name since i started babysittin a lil girl with that name, and i still babysit her and she is so adorable and i think the name suits her very well. Gwen is a very cute nickname IMO for Gwendolyn, but the lil girl i babysit for is only called Gwendolyn cuz her paretns don't like the nickname Gwen. But if i ever name one fo my daughters Gwendolyn i will def. call her Gwen for short, :D.

I like gwendolyn but I hate gwen. sorry

My cousin's name is Gwendolyn, but we all call her Gwen. So Gwen is good. Its short, sweet, and simple.

I agree.. I just like Gwen.. I do not like Gwendolyn.. just seems weird.. reminds me of Lord of The Rings or that Narnia movie.. lol

I used to LOVE Gwen/Gwyn names. Not wild about them now although they are still nice.

When I hear the name Gwen, I usually think of Gwen Stefani on the radio saying "This is Gwen and you're listening to..." and her spoken voice is really soft and pretty.

I am with you. I like Gwen, but don't care for Gwendolyn...