mizzblondie0789 asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Band aid for your cat?

My cat Felix either scratched himself or my other cat got into a fight with him. The cut is on his face and he keeps scratching it open right when it's about to begin the healing process. I would take the cat to the vet but you know how they are expensive and I can't really afford it right now. Is there any type of band aid or something to prevent him from scratching at it?

I have been putting neosporin on it and where the cut is there is no fur. He got that off too. I wouldn't shave the hair around it to get a bandage on it because I would be screwed if I got one of his whiskers. Then he would be off balance. If you cut a cats whisker they lose there sense of balance.

Favorite Answer

Make sure you disinfect it really well, and then you could try using a super sticky good bandaid. You might have to shave a little of his hair so you have enough surface area to stick it to. I might even try using that liquid bandage you get at the drug store, but again, you may have to shave a little skin for it to stick. I would also suggest some neosporin because it really speeds up the healing process.

my vet sells the cone for around 10 bucks, so he can't scratch it but that won't help if it gets infected. you might be able to make one out of a ice cream pail lid or something, i used to make a cone for my bird out of small plastic lids.

• Judy W

Clip his claws. And some antibiotic ointment or petroleum jelly on it to keep the scab soft. When the scab hardens it itches.