Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

If impersonation is the greatest form of flattery?

Is that why christians judge everyone? Because they feel if they act like god that the almighty will like them more?

Favorite Answer

People who judge each other do it to feel superior and validate themselves.

Sorry, I don't really get it. I'm sure it's witty -- at least I think you were trying to be witty. But 'flattery'. I thought that was a bad thing. And I thought Christians weren't supposed to judge.

Could you like reword it so that a normal person like myself can get what you mean.

• Mystro

- `By their Fruit, you will know them'... We are called to Judge - Everybody & Everyone & Everything, & not only to Judge but also to then Shine a Bright light on it, if it's good there it is, if it's bad, there it is. If it's evil, there it is. If it could hurt someone, there it is. Where the Judge not comes in, is saying that someone who just died, that you think that they went to Hell, That is not a Christians job, thats God's job, God's Kingdom as well. But surly not the Christless, otherwise the Fathersent His Son for nothing.

- Flattery ? Remember Hell is never full, gates, broad & wide.

..............<><..................

God is love. So if you're acting like God, you should be a loving-type person.

As to why people are judgmental (in any religion--don't think it's confined to just one group), I'd say it's probably because they're insecure and they feel that if they point out flaws in other people, maybe nobody will notice theirs.

There was a line about that somewhere...something about a speck of dust and a big piece of wood, and eyes...

If impersonation is the greatest form of flattery...why are there still monkeys?

It's "imitation" and "sincerest", not "impersonation" and "greatest".

But in answer to your essential question, possibly.

If that's the case, then Jesus must have thought highly of the dozen or so other "messiahs" that came before him...

http://www.wilsonsalmanac.com/jesus_similar.html

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/cv/wscs/index.htm

http://jesusneverexisted.com/

God is the final judge.

I wouldn't call judgement necessarily the greatest form of flattery because wrath is far from flattering..

"Isaiah 1:18

"[17] Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.

[18] Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

[19] If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

[20] But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it."

There is also a part in there for most hypocrites who would do well to read ;

Pslam 11 : 5

"[5] The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth."

Pslams 58

"[1] Do ye indeed speak righteousness, O congregation? do ye judge uprightly, O ye sons of men?

[2] Yea, in heart ye work wickedness; ye weigh the violence of your hands in the earth.

[3] The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

[4] Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear;

[5] Which will not hearken to the voice of charmers, charming never so wisely.

[6] Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth: break out the great teeth of the young lions, O LORD.

[7] Let them melt away as waters which run continually: when he bendeth his bow to shoot his arrows, let them be as cut in pieces.

[8] As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away: like the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun.

[9] Before your pots can feel the thorns, he shall take them away as with a whirlwind, both living, and in his wrath.

[10] The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.

[11] So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth."

What is in each person's heart only God knows therefore the road you are trying to travel is sorrowful -

"Ecclesiastes

"[18] For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow."

"[14] For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."

You are mistaken to think God loves sinners wickedness is large in these days..

Romans 3:4 - and I am sure there is part in the bible of those who go the way 'because you cannot see what is done in the dark' aka see who they truly are being evil or good doesn't make them all good as you think for example read this quote from the bible;

Matthew 7:22:23

"[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Source(s): exhortation is not a superiority for it is not superior to be able to empathize with another only in a mature context that is not to be twisted as being a snob which is an entirely different issue; Galatians 6:4 [4] But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. "Corinthians 2:9:5 Therefore I thought it necessary to exhort the brethren, that they would go before unto you, and make up beforehand your bounty, whereof ye had notice before, that the same might be ready, as a matter of bounty, and not as of covetousness." exhortation is not comparing each other but discerning right from wrong. ******************* Corinthians 2:10:12 "[12] For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise."

aren't you judging all christians in the same way you whine about being judged?

seriously get a life

hm....good point.