is this a good deal?! or is it a scam?

also is this a good phone, and is it a no contract one because i already have a contract.

http://cgi.ebay.com/T-Mobile-G1-Cell-Phone-Brand-N...

please be honest thank you alot.

Favorite Answer

I have a new G1, bought last week at Wal-Mart. That price is not a scam, he just hasn't received any bids yet. I'm sure he has a reserve price, and I can GUARANTEE that phone will sell for $450 or more. I looked through their site and most of the buy-it-now listings wanted $499 or more.

T-Mobile sells them without a contract for $399. I bought mine last Monday at a Wal-Mart in Virginia for $375. T-Mobile's own stores can't keep them in stock, and the Wal-Mart had only 2 left when I bought mine.

The phone is really sweet. There isn't as much in the way of apps and stuff yet like the iPhone, but it's only been on the street about 90 days. If you have a Google account and you use their mail, calendar and contacts, it syncs up with everything right off the net...no need to use Outlook or any expensive software. I love mine.

This doesn't have a contract but you have to bid on it, therefore if your bid isn't the highest (most likely it won't be, these phones are new and many people want to get their hands on them), then you don't get the phone.