Is it bad to eat a lot of cupcakes while pregnant?

I am going be 26 weeks tmw.....Boy, I can't stop eating cupcakes! I was worry if it's bad if I eat a lot of cupcakes while pregnant? I had 3 cupcakes everyday! I know I am bad, but it's my craving and can't help it lol.

Favorite Answer

WEll think about it, is it good to eat lots of junk food any time? not bad for the baby but bad for you, gain weight get fat, and you are already going to gain 15-35lbs, I wouldnt add more to eat limit your junk to one item a day, You body will go through tons and never be the same dont make it more complicated

I wouldnt eat 3 every single day because your gonna pack on the pounds but their is nothing wrong with having 3 cupcakes at a time every once in awhile, your pregnant! I know i could easily eat 3 cupcakes lol.

I wouldn't worry about vegetables or milk those are very healthy for you, a potato is nothing to worry about. The ice cream and cupcakes can be a problem at this point in pregnancy it can put a little extra weight on the baby. The hormonal changes can bring on those cravings, and in the last trimester they go insane. But some nutritionist say your crave those things because your body might be low in calcium. It is fine to satisfy your sweet cravings with fruit, or if you have plenty to eat brush your teeth or suck on an ice cube, I had to do those things towards the end of my pregnancy mostly after 10pm when my cravings really started and my husband was tired.

As long as that's not all you're eating. But remember that the more junk food you eat while pregnant, the likelier you are to have a very large baby to push out at the end...

Speaking from experience, I craved McDonald's filet-o-fish when I was pregnant and had a nine-pound boy. I'm still carrying most of that weight around and he's nearly 17 now...lol!

Ohh. Its ok. As long as your not ONLY eating cupcakes than you are fine. You need a balnce diet so if you eat a good breakfast and have a cupcake for desert, than have a balanced meal for lunch and dinner and cupcakes with than too. You are fine.

Just remember this one hint your baby will probably develop a love of cupcakes too. I drank coffee when i was pregnant with my first child. Guess what she was a coffee nut at 13 months. At mommy and me she wouldn't drink the apple juice she would sneak my low sugar black coffee when i was talking. She is 7 now and still drinks coffee and even orders it when we go out. The watters usually look at me in shock.

• dolly

I just like to keep the rule of thumb everything in moderation! Its okay to have a cupcake or two but during pregnancy you only need 300 extra calories a day. Thats a yogurt and a glass of milk! Staying fit and healthy and gaining the recommended amount of weight is best for you and baby.

I'm 26 weeks too and I've been eating a lot of cake. Not the best thing for us to eat but, I don't think it's bad for the baby just for our butts. I eat a bowl of veggies first and then the cake... I feel less guilty that way. I say ENJOY!

• benac

Fertility Test Boots

Oh honey eat as many cupcakes as you want your pregnant, and cravings need to be fulfilled, because if their not you wont be able to stop thinking about it. you'll get over it and have a new craving, trust me i was pregnant and had 4 kids, just enjoy them.

Cupcakes have very little nutritional value. They're basically just empty calories. Try cutting down to 1 cupcake per day and adding some more fruits, vegetables and protein to your diet.