Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 1 decade ago

My neice is 12 and is into cooking, What can i get her for x-mas?

Shes really into cooking when she was 5 her mom bought her an easy bake oven and playes with it untill she was 8 now shes 12 and still loves to cook but an easy bake oven isnt for her age anymore. Do you know any thing that she may like?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Buy her a children's cookery book,Cookie cutters,rollin pin,mixing bowl,wooden spoon,etc etc,So she can make her own cookies :-) Wrap it all up really nice,pop a bow on it and i'm sure she will love it :-) xxxxx

• cinnea
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

She's ready to graduate to the real oven or stove. You could get her a cookbook - there are a lot geared toward kids or inexperienced cooks. You can also run down the kitchen accessories & small appliances aisle and look for something fun and by what she needs to go with it or toss in a gift card for a grocery store - for instance, one of those cool fajita grills with a packet of fajita mix, salsa, and 15 or 20 dollars to a grocery store.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

At 12, she no longer needs a child's cookbook, but depending on what kind of cooking she like to do, I say get her a simple (that's adult simple) cookbook. If she really enjoys baking, a cookie cookbook is an excellent idea, but also consider she might enjoy make small cakes, so a book with recipes that can be done as cup or fairy cakes might also be a excellent choice. Also, if she does not have access to one, a muffin tin.

• 1 decade ago

How about a really good cookbook? Maybe some brownie mix or something? Or an apron, or a funny little book with cartoons about cooks in it. Something that is useful and fun.

Or how about a ring binder with cool patterns or something on it to put her own ideas in it?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you can buy her some of those cute pop-out measuring cups, my mom recieved some of those for a Christmas gift, and i use them more than she does! If she prefers looking up recipes in a cookbook, rather than searching the web, you can ask your other family members if they recommend any specific cook book. just imagine that you're somebody who adores cooking, and think about what you would love to have.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Get her a 3 ring album or a nice scrapbook to start collecting all her favorite recipes. That's something she would really treasure when she's older and has kids and/or a kitchen of her own. You could also get her some cookbooks or a basket of cool kitchen gadgets.

• 1 decade ago

How about a basic cookbook for kids, Rachel Ray, and Emeril have nice ones.

• 1 decade ago

You could pay for her to go to kid's cooking classes (if there are some in your area)

• 1 decade ago

Make her an apron!

Source(s): Something you make can mean a lot more than something you buy.
  • 1 decade ago

A husband!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.