help on my boyfriend please?

okay me and my boyfriend will be going out for a year and our date is nov 29 and its really fustrating because i want to get him something or do something for him but he keeps telling me not to do anything, because he is not doing aythng for me( but in the past he has tricked me on saying he get me it but then he does to surprise me) but if not that gets me really sad because this is really important to me but im thinking about whether or not he will do something for me, please help with ideas.

to be honest, i think u should get something anyway but give it to him early, that way it's like i'm giving u this ...just because i enjoy your company and i love u, and who said u can't give just because...i get gifts all year round so it doesn't matter if i get anything 4 christmas or not, we'll have each other

Source(s): previous experience

Why don't you guys just have a nice quite night at home watching movies? That way no one has to spend money.