Low rising HCG, what was your outcome?

Well I got the dreaded call from my OBGYN telling me that my HCG levels are not going up like they should and I am to expect another miscarriage or an ectopic pregnancy. My levels went from 73 to 82 in 4 days. Has anyone else had a similar HCG finding? What was the outcome? Was it a standard MC? I am really scared to go through an ectopic, I don't do good with needles or surgery which would more then likely be the case with an ectopic. If you have had an ectopic what were your symptoms?

Lani,

Thank you so much for the information! That is exact information I was needing. I am so sorry that you had to experience the miscarriages and ectopic, it is very sad to hear anyone has to go through it. I appreciate you answering my question!

• lani
    Favorite Answer

First of all, I am sorry you did not get better news. I had similar hcgs with my ectopic. They rose, but did not double approrpriately. Mine actually got to over 1000 before I had symptoms. My symptoms were dull pain on my lower right side. And I had some brown spotting. I ended up having surgery the same day I went in to be seen for a sono.

With my first "regular" miscarriage, my levels rose appropriately, but I had spotting anyway that eventually became heavy bleeding with clots. The second miscarriage, levels also rose appropriately and we even saw a heartbeat, but when the brown spotting started, I went in and the heartbeat had stopped. I needed a D&C.

I wish you the best. Given you levels are so low, you may be able to avoid surgery if it is an ectopic. They may be able to treat you with the shot.

i am so sorry honey:-( Just give it a few days (hard i know) and see what happens) i am sure they will do an u/s to look at your tubes and probably some more blood work. They thought i had an ectopic about a year and a half ago, they went in and it was actually a cyst, a pretty minor surgery if need be (hopefully you wont need it) also, if ectopic is caught early then they can give you meds to stop everything instead of surgery.........if it is m/c then they will more than likely give you the option at some point to wait it out or do a d&c, neither is fun:-( I am so sorry, i am praying for you and please remember even though it hurts and it will for a while, this in no way means your chance will not come...GOD BLESS~~~

Source(s): 5 m/c
  • I'm sorry. That's not rising very fast at all. For all it's worth, my levels weren't doubling like they should (I went from like 30,000 at 6 weeks 0 days to 50,000 two days later), and I have a beautiful baby girl as a result of it. I'll say a little prayer for you. Keep your hopes up....at least they are still going up!

Source(s): Blessed with a 5 week old daughter
  • I'm so sorry for your news. I don't know a whole lot about that stuff (I've just started TTC my first 3 months ago) but I do know that you will be in my prayers!! Good luck hon!

• I am so sorry to hear. You will be in my prayers.