How do I from XP Professional to XP Home?

My laptop is an Acer Travelmate 2428AWXCi. It's an XP Professional, and I have one problem. It's not a valid copy. I still have the product key on the bottom and I want to go back to XP home edition. Reason why is due the invalid mark, I can't update my drivers properly or put in any security packs.

Is there anyway to rectify this?

Will I also lose any driver or software I may have installed?

Favorite Answer

The best thing to do is obtain a XP Home media CD from Acer. Then you will be able to do a fresh install on your Travelmate using the product key on the bottom of it.

Don't for get to save anything you want to keep someplace else before reinstalling the OS back onto your laptop.

• Ron B

you'll have to have an XP disk, it too will have to be valid with the proper product key. then you will have to go into enter set up and select boot from disk. then you will have to pick a partition to install XP on, if you do not need professional anymore, i would put it on what is usually partition C. that will delete partition C and install XP on it. that will save you a lot of memory doing it that way and shouldn't slow your computer down any.

I've done this already. My teacher used a CD to completely knock out Professional. He left it to me. I brought my XP home CD with its product key. I reimaged it. Then when I was finished the internet didn't work. I have 30 days to get it fixed.

Try using system restore.