Midnight Sun by stephenie meyer?

Where the hell can I get the whole book of Midnight Sun???

• Favorite Answer

MIDNIGHT SUN WILL NOT COME OUT but u can read a few chapters of it that was a rough draft of it on stephenie meyer's official site.Stephanie Meyer Shelves Twilight's Midnight Sun

As fans of the upcoming teen-vampire film Twilight gear up for its November 21 release date, Twilight novel author Stephanie Meyer has decided to shelve Midnight Sun, the final installment in her Twilight saga, after an incomplete draft found its way online without Meyer's knowledge or approval, reports The L.A. Times.

The Midnight Sun leak comes as momentum builds for the big screen telling of Meyer's popular novel, but the author is clearly unsettled by the fact that Midnight Sun was illegally posted online after she decided to release the first chapter only. With the vampire cat out of the bag on Midnight Sun, Stephanie Meyer made the entire incomplete draft available to fans, which put an end to the project for the near or foreseeable future.

Meyer expressed her feelings on her official website over the recent leak, stating, "I think it is important for everybody to understand that what happened was a huge violation of my rights as an author, not to mention me as a human being."

While the music industry looks to find ways to combat illegal downloads, with skyrocketing concert prices compensating for losses, fans shouldn't be surprised when $20 books start to hit $100 a pop as a result of leaked drafts.

Stephenie Meyer :I did not want my readers to experience Midnight Sun before it was completed, edited and published. I think it is important for everybody to understand that what happened was a huge violation of my rights as an author, not to mention me as a human being. As the author of the Twilight Saga, I control the copyright and it is up to the owner of the copyright to decide when the books should be made public; this is the same for musicians and filmmakers. Just because someone buys a book or movie or song, or gets a download off the Internet, doesn't mean that they own the right to reproduce and distribute it. Unfortunately, with the Internet, it is easy for people to obtain and share items that do not legally belong to them. No matter how this is done, it is still dishonest. This has been a very upsetting experience for me, but I hope it will at least leave my fans with a better understanding of copyright and the importance of artistic control.

So where does this leave Midnight Sun? My first feeling was that there was no way to continue. Writing isn't like math; in math, two plus two always equals four no matter what your mood is like. With writing, the way you feel changes everything. If I tried to write Midnight Sun now, in my current frame of mind, James would probably win and all the Cullens would die, which wouldn't dovetail too well with the original story. In any case, I feel too sad about what has happened to continue working on Midnight Sun, and so it is on hold indefinitely.

I'd rather my fans not read this version of Midnight Sun. It was only an incomplete draft; the writing is messy and flawed and full of mistakes. But how do I comment on this violation without driving more people to look for the illegal posting? It has taken me a while to decide how and if I could respond. But to end the confusion, I've decided to make the draft available here (at the end of this message on the Midnight Sun page). This way, my readers don't have to feel they have to make a sacrifice to stay honest. I hope this fragment gives you further insight into Edward's head and adds a new dimension to the Twilight story. That's what inspired me to write it in the first place.

Midnight Sun may not come out which is in hold indefinitely.

I don't suppose you've tried a bookstore or library?

No clue