What is a good Mac notebook for gaming?

I know that question sounds like an oxymoron, but I am going to go off to college soon and they require us to get a mac labtop. I have a need to play pc games and I would like to get a mac that would either come the most update a mac can be or I can upgrade it myself. Any help would be great.

Favorite Answer

It depends on how serious your gaming is going to be, if you're talking about light gaming then the new MacBook with it's NVIDIA 9400M should be fine ($1599). If you're talking high end first person shooters or really high settings on MMORPG's then you'll have a better experience with the Pro ($2499) :

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/fam...

But if you want to save a bit of money you can shop at the Apple education store where the pro is $2299 or the refurb store where you can save a lot on previous models.

I have a 3-year old MacBook Pro that I use for gaming, work, homework, and everything else. Some of the games don't work well in Parallels so if I must then I boot from windows using boot camp. Sometimes there is still a little bit of lag so I would check on whatever you choose the video memory is enough. I guess that would be the problem. I didn't optimize the machine for gaming when I first bought it.

geekmom

http://www.geekmom.net/

I have a simple PowerBook G4, and it is amazing for gaming! I hardly ever lag, as long as I am not running a bunch of other applications. t does need to be plugged in, of course. The battery sucks, even though I just bought a new one a few days ago, so it does need to be plugged in when playing a high-end graphical game like COD4, or a complicated one, like Halo. You can definitely play them for a bit without the charger, but it always seems to fail just when you beat that impossible boss and haven't saved yet :) They're a lot cheaper than MacBook Pros too!

Source(s): Experience

Macs normally have lower hardware specs. So if you want to game on a Mac laptop your going to have to buy a nice MacBook Pro which is around $3200 I think.

• sayres

usually simply purchase essentially the most luxurious choices if you are gonna cross that direction. If you desired to be a lil smarter approximately it you could purchase a computer and without problems run osx as a secondary os