i have heard that there are meds, to help control a dogs slobering,, a have a boxer this dog slobers a lot!!!!?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

If you didn't want slobbering, you shouldn't have gotten a Boxer.

• 1 decade ago

there's no meds to help with slobbering.. not if the dog is suppossed to slobber. (some dogs slobber because of stress or anxiety, in which case the dog would be treated for the anxiety, not the slobbering).

This is part of owning a boxer.. dogs with loose lips, such as boxers, slobber. The saliva collects in the extra folds of skin around the mouth, and the dog cant control it.

Your best defence is to keep slobber rags around the house and just wipe your dog's mouth often.

• 1 decade ago

Meds will have side effects on your dogs health. Its not worth what could happen just to fix something thats inconveniencing you. Boxers are known for constant slobbering.

• 1 decade ago

It's a dog. It's going to slobber. Why put your dog on meds for something like that?

Do you know what the side effects of that medication are.

Just let your dog be a dog.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I strongly recommend becoming accustomed to slobbers if you are going to keep company with a boxer. It's who they are. They can also be love in a great big bundle! Please----never medicate an animal (or a kid!) for being who and what they are!

• 1 decade ago

This can be a real problem for the health of your dog and the state of your household and clothing.

You are going to need to se a vet, but a usual plan of action is steroids. There really isn't any kind of OTC or home remedy for this. Please get your Boxer some help, this isn't good for him to keep going on like this and i know it's hard on you too.

Best of success with this.

Source(s): Former vets assistant.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A .38 caliber slug administered to the back of the head should make him stop slobbering. If slobbering continues a second dose may be required.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

boxers do that. u should have know that before u went for the breed

• 1 decade ago

AWWWWWWH!

Dawwwgs are amazin!

;D

^^

and yes. there going to slober! DUHHH!

• 1 decade ago

no those meds dont work i tried those meds there a waist of money any your dog will get worst....

Source(s): i worked as a vet assitant
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.