Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

what is the strangest thing you ate?

Favorite Answer

Durian or "stinky fruit".Not so bad once you get past the smell. It is a fruit of South East Asia. The spell checker didn't recognize it, but it is really plentiful this time of year in Malaysia. It is about the size of a medium melon, green, with spikey skin. Inside, it has sections, sort of like a citrus fruit, except not as symmetrical and the fruit in the sections looks like puss bags. Each one has a large seed in the middle. Some say it has a chemical smell, others say it smells like rotten chicken. People who persist in eating it often develop a taste for it. It is even a favorite fruit of many.

The strangest thing I've ever eaten wasn't a food, but it was a drink. It's a middle eastern drink that is a salty yogurt.

Beef Stomach.

When my parents fixed it up, it looked like seafood, and I thought it was. It was white and spongy. It's really good, but kind of sickening.

I finally found out what it was when I decided to watch them prepare it. I looked on the label and it said in clear, black print : Beef Stomach.

>_<

Escargot. I was at a restaurant in Montreal on time and had to try it. It tasted like rubbery, garlicy beef gristle. Bleh.

I don't know about strange, but I've eaten many unconviental foods.

Snake

Buffalo

Raw Squid

Cow Testicles

and once a boiled sheep eye.

Ice cold hotcakes smothered in vinegar

Crickets and Hummus. Yuck.

Pickled Pigs feet....yummy!

vegemite... it's strange in canada but supposedly everyone loves it in australia lol

cheddar and bacon flavored crickets