New tattoo almost healed?

I got a tattoo last Wednesday, and I"ve been doing everything I should be, but the peeling part is almost gone. Like it's almost totally healed. Is that normal? It's not a very big tattoo anyway, so I didn't know if that made a difference.

Favorite Answer

Sounds normal to me. When I got my tattoo... it only took about a week and it was healed. It started peelin a day or two after I got it and after a week it was done peelin and looked good.

Plus if it is healin fast then your doin everythin you need to be doin :)

• Ray <3

Just because it's done peeling, doesn't mean it's healed. To be fully healed, you have to completely re-grow a new layer of skin. Your skin naturally cycles through, and will be completely new after about 6 weeks. As it is now, you are just seeing the top skin that is stained. You need to wait until new, colored skin is grown. The skin you are seeing now is not colored, just stained.

If you've gotten it last week, and it's just finishing peeling, prepare for the itching. It may not be too rough if it's small, but basically when the hair starts to push up through the tattoo (which is now very sensitive), it itches like hell. It's (IMO) the worst part of the whole thing. When I got my ribcage done, it was almost intolerable.

You may be one of the lucky ones that avoids it, but if it does start itching, you'll agree that it's not healed yet!

So the damage may have healed, but it's not really "healed" until there is an all new layer of skin.,

How funny.. I got one last Wednesday too. Actually yes, it should start to scab, and then peel. It will be completely healed after it is done peeling. I wash mine with liquid dial soap and moisturize it with Aveeno (unsecented) lotion. All of my tattoos heel quick, and turn out good. Just remember to keep it moisturized even after its heeled to keep it looking good!

That's normal.... my medium size tattoo healed about 4-7 days... just put non-fragrance lotion on it everyday, keep it moist and if it itch don't scratch it....

yup that's normal. if it exposed to the sun, remember to use sunblock to keep it from looking weather beaten

Yep very normal.

totally normal, you're fine. just keep doing what you're doing.