what can I do to get soon to be ex husband out of house?

I am in the middle of a nasty divorce. I would like him to leave my house so that my children and I can move back in. Is there anything that I can do to get him out?

4 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    No - you can't force him out (yet). You can move in anytime - it is your joint marital property and you are entitled to it until the divorce decree is issued and it states who rightfully can live there. If you left - my advice would be to wait until the judge seals the decree. I'm sure your attorney isn't advising you to rush back to the home if your ex is living there.

  • Gina
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    well if it is YOUR house and is in your name then you can tell him to just get out because the police will have to get him out once the divorce is over and all that kind of trouble isn't needed. or you could help him find a place of his own and make him get the hint

  • 1 decade ago

    depends on whose name the house is in. if it's solely in his name, you can't make him move out. if it's a joint ownership, there is still no way of making him move out, just for you to move back in being the house is also in your name.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago


Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.