Are you afraid of going to heaven?

I'm Roman Catholic to start.This is based on my faith so I'm mainly just asking Catholics. So basically I get super scared whenever I think about dying because then we either go to heaven, hell or purgatory. Then we stay there. Forever. That's a long time.....thats the scary part. How is that even like imaginable, we will never ever ever die?! If we go to heaven then how can we just be all happy and peachy?! Its like not even god like preportions can keep eveything perfect the way we are! The idea of eternal life REALLY scares me. Anyone else?

• TIAT
    Favorite Answer

You should be looking forward to it!...It is God's desire that all humans become members of His family in the Kingdom of God (2 Peter 3:9). As part of this process, God is now calling some individuals to inherit eternal life at the return of Jesus Christ to earth (1 Corinthians 1:26-28; Matthew 20:16; John 6:44, 65), with others to be called later. Those being chosen now will accept Christ as their Savior, surrender their wills to God's will and strive to overcome sin in their lives (Revelation 3:21).

Jesus Christ is referred to as "the firstborn among many brethren" (Romans 8:14-17, 29; Revelation 1:5-6; Colossians 1:15-18). In the resurrection at Christ's return, "we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him . . ." (1 John 3:2). At that time, those who have died in the faith will be resurrected, and those who are alive in the faith will be changed. Both will become spirit beings and members of the family of God (2 Corinthians 6:18; 1 Corinthians 15:42-53). They will then serve with Christ on the earth as kings and priests during His millennial rule (Revelation 5:10; 20:4). King and priest are both offices held by Christ. He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords (Revelation 19:15-16). He is also our High Priest (Hebrews 3:1; 4:14-16; 5:5-6; 6:20; 7:24-28; 8:1-6; 9:11; 10:12). Others will share in His responsibilities, also as kings and priests, serving under Him to carry out the Father's will (Revelation 5:10).

Those who will become priests in the Millennium will be responsible for teaching people to discern between "the unclean and the clean," a phrase which includes the concept of helping them discern good from evil (Ezekiel 22:26; 44:23-24). As messengers from God, they will teach the law of God and make known its meaning and application (Malachi 2:7-9).

One of the responsibilities of a king in the Old Testament was to write the words of God's law and "read it all the days of his life" so he would carefully observe it and not turn aside from it (Deuteronomy 17:18-20). Those who are made kings and priests in the Kingdom of God will be those who have allowed God to write His laws in their hearts and minds while they are still human beings (Hebrews 8:10-11; Jeremiah 31:33).

As kings during the Millennium, they will teach God's way of life to humans still living (Isaiah 30:20-21). They will administer God's government in those areas in which Jesus Christ will give them responsibilities (Matthew 19:27-28; Luke 19:11-19). They will be completely subject to Christ's will, just as He is completely subject to the Father's will (John 5:30). As joint heirs with Christ, they will assist Him in teaching and governing mortals on the earth (Revelation 5:10).

God's great plan encompasses all mankind. The Great White Throne Judgment, described in Revelation 20:11-13, reveals that all human beings who have died without ever understanding that great plan will be resurrected and have their true destiny revealed to them. God's plan is comprehensive. All humanity will enjoy the opportunity to learn God's truth and come to repentance (1 Timothy 2:4; 2 Peter 3:9). This will be during the time beyond the Millennium when the vast majority of human beings will be raised from the dead to receive their opportunity for salvation. Those who repent and accept Christ as their Savior will receive the gift of everlasting life in the family of God, finally achieving their God-given destiny.

This is God's incredible promise to them: "They who overcome shall inherit all things, and I will be their God and they shall be My children" (Revelation 21:7). What does this inheritance include? Hebrews 2:6-8 indicates that our ultimate destiny is to participate in rulership over the entire universe as glorified, immortal children of God!

• Joline

In an infinite universe filled with infinite knowledge and space you will not be bored if you are an intellectual thirsting for knowledge and wisdom, or a restless roving explorer who is compelled to see what is over the next mountain top. Trust this, if there were not infinity then you would not have been born. The belief that if you fail morally and the penalty would be agony forever in a pit of fire was invented by the dark age clergy wishing to keep the paying masses in line. Ask yourself, is a merciful all knowing God interested in revenge ? If so, that would contradict the teaching that he is a merciful loving god. d mas

The thing is you wont be of this mind-set in heaven. you will know things you doubted about before. And heaven will not be all happy and peachy. some will probably mourn those who went below. It will be amazing. And people who don't believe in this, most of you will only know when you're wrong on the Judgment Day.

Yeah. I am. I hope I get in.

My pastor has a joke that he shared with us once: the three surprises of heaven are, who's there, who's not thre, and the fact that you're there.

I worry also that I will be bored when I get there if I do.

But yeah. I just trust God will show me what he wants from me and I try to do what He wants from me and I just hope that is enough to get there. and of course believing in His son and everything

Amusing. I'm worried about serious things, not silly make believe.