naominickole asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

My kitten loves getting attention.?

When we play with her, sshe purrs, and then meows.... why?????

id like to also say that we did not GO and get the cat, we caught them in our backyard, and decided to keep one.

Favorite Answer

she is happy and loves you!

Hi.

To be honest, I find this to be a strange question. I don't mean any offense.

You went to get a kitten, but you have no clue about the behavior of kittens?

All kittens are like little children. They are kittens until about the age of one year. They are very playful, just like any children would be. They thrive on the love and attention that you give her.

Purring is a sound they make when they are content. If you are playing with her and she meows, it means she just wants more. If you are sitting down and she comes to you and meows, it means she wants your attention. You can play with her or, if you are busy, you can put her on your lap, petting her.

Never use your fingers to play with her. That will only teach her to bite, which will become a big problem when she gets bigger. Always use a toy so that she learns to play with them. Teach her, gently, that hands are only for stroking, not for biting on.

I suggest you get a small book about kittens and what to expect as they grow. That can be very helpful. I have an entire shelf of books about cats, gathered over my lifetime.

I hope you have many years of love and fun with your kitten/cat. They make wonderful companions and great friends.

I wish you the best of luck.

Source(s): A lifetime of having many cats. i was a volunteer at Bide-A-Wee, an animal rescue shelter/clinic.

She's happy and she loves you! The meow is a request for more!!!

Cause she's happy and that's her way of showing happiness they are like babies and need lots of attention

• Judy W

She is talking to you , you just don't speak cat.

because shes happy