For pokemon diamond what's the best pokemon you can have in a party for a rookie trainer?

I have won 1 gym badge

My pokemon currently are

Monferno,Luxio and staravia + magikarp + bunary

What should I catch?

I'm am in Eterna city

• Raul T
    Favorite Answer

The way I see it, bench magikarp until you can properly train it if your aim is to have a Gyarados. At the moment, it is like battling with 4 pokemons. I suggest you to put a grass type there like Budew and you could include a rock type or water type.

They all seem pretty good to me...

Staravia and Monferno can take out Gardenia

Staravia and Monferno can take down Maylene

Luxio should take down all but one of Wake's pokemon, but you'll need to use Staravia aswell.

Luxio will take out Fantina using a dark type move.

(By now you should have an Infernape, Staraptor, Luxray, Gyarados, Maybe Lopunny)

Use Infernape for the steel gym leader.

Infernape again for the 7th gym leader,

Then just a combo of all pokemon for the last one.

As you progress, you'll have to take out Team Galactic at Spear Pillar, Simply use Ultra Balls to catch Dialga and He'll be the final addition to your team.

Don't bother wasting your Master ball on Dialga since he's fairly easy to catch with Ultra balls. (Easier than other legendaries)

If your on Pearl the same will apply but you'll catch a Palkia instead of Dialga.

Source(s): Marriland

important issues right here: important weak point are Ice (3 Pokemon) hearth (2 Pokemon) Grass (1Pokemon yet different haven't any reward) struggling with (2 Pokemon) i might advise a nicely-rounded Flying style. determine you empoleon has a flying flow additionally. Garchomp could choose a struggling with or hearth flow to do away with ice weak point and a dragon flow. Drifblim is roofed with the reality that its weaknesses are lined with tyranitar and lucario. important element upload a reliable flying style. Or restoration up weaknesses

Magikarp

i suggest u start all over.u have a weak team..no offence...magi takes too long..but good later on..bunary is not worth it..trust me..monferno(chimchar) is a good starter but too weak to even make out 2 rounds...luxio n its evolves...r great so keep him n staraptor is good too..start off with...turtwig or the penguin..luxray...staraptor..zubat(crobat..keep zubat/golbat very happy..gible(garchomp)ponyta(rapidash)..just for u right now..then when u have enough money n higher lvls pokemon u can get any pokemon u want..so be patient n be smart..not just strong or legendary ones..they suck..believe me...later

Catch a Zubat and then evolve it into a Golbat and train it with friendship to a Crobat

this is what my rookie team was

turtwig,shinx,starly,buizel,croagunk,gible

croagink and gible was traded over from my wife pearl version both level 5 and had breeded moves

but since you are in eterna city near the mt coronet you can find ponyta,meditite,chingling,zubat,hoothoot,bidoof,deodude

inside the cave of mt coronet you can find

geodude,meditite,machop,zubat,chingling,cleffa

get a ground/ steel pokemon (preferably a geodude) for a later gym!

dis is the team i had

Monferno

staravia

luxio

kriketune

geodude

onix