Twilight Lovers Must Read!?

OKay, if u love the Twilight series u need to answer. Do u think the movie ruined the book? In what way? was the movie alot like the book?

Favorite Answer

no. One is a movie and one is a book. Of course they're not going to be the same. I don't know why anyone walked into theatres expecting it to be. But even though the movie was missing a lot of what was in the book, the parts that actually were in the movie were pretty accurate with the book.

I personally loved the movie and I like that the movie was different than the book. Still like the book better but I still love the movie

Yes, I think the movie completely ruined the perfect image of Twilight for fans. The movie skipped important parts of the story and the whole thing was rushed. In the book, the description made of the characters was vague. Meyer used words like "beautiful" and "perfect". Such words' meanings differ from person to person. When making a movie about such a book, they shouldn't emphasize on the emotion as much as the visual concepts. Since most of the book was describing how much Bella was infatuated with Edward, I admit, a movie would have been difficult to make. However, I feel, as a fan, that the movie, which uses actual sight instead of imagination, should not have emphasized on Bella and Edward's relationship, since they cannot visually display what Bella is thinking in the book. Instead, they should have put more effort into the conflict, which was the opposing vampire's obsession on Bella. Just my opinion though.

Source(s): I absolutely love the series.

The movie definitely didn't ruin the book. If anything, I think it should've made people want to read it even more. They were similar in a lot of ways, but, at the same time, taking an over 500 page book and condensing it to a two hour movie meant they had to leave out a lot of details and important moments between edward and bella. I would definitely recommend reading the book before seeing the movie just so you have a better understanding of what's going on even though they leave stuff out, and even if you've already seen the movie you should definitely read the book just to get the full story.

The movie was not completely true to the book, but then again, what movie-to-book film is? It didn't ruin the book for me. My view of the book is not going to change for anything short of Meyer actually going through with the Midnight Sun project, so no, the book was not ruined.

Edit: And I disagree that you need to have read the books to appreciate the movies. I've heard reviews from people who loved the movie despite never having heard of the books.

The movie butchered the book. They cut out so many of the important scenes from the book and most of the scenes between Bella and Edward were awkward. The chemistry between Bella and Edward thats in the book wasnt in the movie at all. Overall, the movie sucked. And it suxs theyre makin Breaking Dawn into a movie too.

I loved the books and I liked the movie

• gone

okay...

i think the movie was great

obviously not as good as the book but still very good

it def sis not ruin the books

now i have a visual of wa\hat everything looks like so its even better

now when i read the books over and over and over again i cant actually see the places and people in my mind thanks to the movie

overall i love the books and the movie<3333

and EDWARDDDDDDDD<3

Of course the book is 10x better.. The movie, IMO was a disappointment, but I think that was Catherine Hardwicke's fault.. a lot of the movie was just too choppy and it went from one scene to the next too quickly.. it really ruined the whole 'feel' of Bella and Edward's relationship. BUT, I want to see it again, and I can't wait for the next movie! hahaha.. only a year away! LOL

• It didn't RUIN it. It's my favortie movie, but it left out some parts. It's alot like the movie and was VERY entertaining, but loing story short, the book was better. But heard they're going to make the whole series into movies! YAY! :]

The movie was pretty much like the book. But its just not exactly the same. If you didn't read the book, you can't appreciate the movie IMO.