Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

Half of the Christmas lights do not light up?!?

I have a spiralight tree sculpture & I bought it last year. Just took it out of the box, set it up & then plugged it in. There is about 12 spirals of lights & the top 3 will not light up. These lights say on the box "If one light goes out, the rest will stay lit". So I have went & tried turning all the lights that wont light & they still would not light up.

Should I replace all 30 light bulbs? Fuse? Any help is grateful! :)

• Jim W
    Favorite Answer

You have too many out for it to be a lamp problem. More than likely, a fuse is out or a broken wire. The fuses are hidden in the plug on the end of the cord.

This is a common problem with series wired lights, you will need to check bulb by bulb to find which one or more has burned out.

Newer light set now use LEDs and no longer suffer this problem

• R.N.

You might try the fuse. Or, you might buy some replacement bulbs and put them in where the ones that do not light up are.

try to turn each light again. maybe there is a messed up wire? See if there is a company that will replace it.

best of luck!

Source(s): many different times happening