Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 decade ago

Is it illegal to record a teacher teaching in a classroom?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i donno but they get really angry

and they can take legal action against you

i think its like the same as assaulting someone it only gets pursued if they want it to be

• 1 decade ago

No. It is not illegal to record a teacher in a classroom. Actually, teachers will either have themselves recorded or will record themselves for professional development purposes.

If as a student you record a teacher and then use it later, the use may be considered illegal if you got the recording without consent. It all depends on what you use it for. However, just recording it to have it on tape is not illegal.

• 1 decade ago

The law varies by state. I found a web page that summarizes each states' laws surrounding recording conversations.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It depends on your state. But in general, recordings of somebody, whether they be photographic, video, or audio, can be illegal if taken without their consent.

Ask your teacher if you have permission first; once granted permission to do so, you should be perfectly safe in any state.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • neniaf
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No, but you can't do it without getting permission to do so. If you are just trying to get notes, ask the teacher. If you are gathering evidence against the teacher, ask the Principal or your counselor.

• 1 decade ago

Without their permission yes it is. However if they consent and it is for a specific purpose then there should be no problem

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, due to privacy laws you need to ask for permission.

• 1 decade ago

Not at all. This method is executed quite often in colleges throughout the world.

• 1 decade ago

no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.