Why do people around the world focus so much on the US?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

America has been the leader in the most successful experimental government that we know of. America has been seen as a leader for the world. Maybe not as much anymore, however. Also America's economy effects the world so other nations are concerned with how we are doing.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's not necessarily the people around the world, but the governments around the world; and they have every right to do so. The US has been the major "World Power" since the end of WWII. So many countries were in such bad shape after that so they asked for financial help from us. Ironically, we became the richest nation in the world by reaping the benefits of international borrowing! Even after the stock market crash, the dust bowl that ruined the mid-west, and our involvement in the war, we had more money left over than Europe. I believe we still hold a lot of the U.K. IOU money that knocked them from number one. Problem is, now we're in an economic mess that we may NEVER get out of. A lot of countries have U.S. IOU loans. The top 3 are Russia, China, and Japan. Our country is trillions of dollars in debt. The recent bailout money is probably coming from China by the way. These governments have to watch us. Add to that, the fact that what happens to our financial economy, effects everybody else. And then there's U.S. military aggression. We love pushing the buttons of other countries. We apparently have the "God given right" to do whatever we want to whomever we want. Leaking submarine docked in a Japanese port, we gave Taiwan nuclear warheads but not our protection against China, we invaded Iraq because Saddam tried to kill Bush senior (or Weapons of Mass Destruction), and we openly call neutral countries names because they don't want to play war with us. The U.S. does a lot of shadey things. If I had my own country, I would be U.S. consious too!

• 1 decade ago

Because America is heart of the world economy and we used to have very high standards for how people should be treated.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They really don't. It's a mass-media spin to be able to get public's support for US involvement overseas. The rest of the world doesn't really care. It's sort of like an average American who would not be able to name the current Iraqi or Afghani leader despite "caring" so much about those countries at this time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We are the only economic play,

More important the US in the last hope for a dying World,

• Shmoe
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

We have the biggest toys. It attracts the most attention.

Let me be serious for minute. The reason other countries pay attention to the US is because the actions of the US often affect their economic and political lives. That's why people pay attention.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The US is simply the first client / customer in the world

• 1 decade ago

America is the Greatest Place on Earth.

The People have Freedoms and Rights no other country has.

That is why everyone wants to come to America, because their governments control so much of their lives.

God Bless America, keep her Free and Strong Forever

• 1 decade ago

Because when the US sneezes the whole world catches a cold. US influence dominates the globe.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because you manage to constantly screw the rest of the world over!!!!

As soon as you start keeping your mess domestic, you will notice the world will have nothing more to say about you. But as long as you guys keep f*king with the economy and security.. yeah you'll be watched.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.