Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 decade ago

mommies, how long did it take your baby to sit after...?

lifting his/her head up by doing a push up with his/her arms, roll over lie a pro, try to get in all fours, and lifting his/her head when laying flat on back and holding on to toys to try to lift his/herself up. my bub is doing all this, and i wanted to know how much more i have to wait.

My 6 month old just recently rolled over. He does the baby push ups, reaches for toys but he still needs a lot of help sitting up. He throws himself back and lunges forward. Definitely needs supervision still...

my son could not lift his head on the floor until he was 11 weeks old but he sat at 5 1/2 months unassisted

well my daughter been holding head strong since 3days old, and push ups since 1months and also lay back head crunch at 1.5month, but she is now sitting slumped over for up to a minute and she just turned 4mon on the 22nd

I started practicing with him, to get the feel of the sitting position. At 6months he was sitting up by himself, crawling then getting to the sitting poSITion. Its great!

You do not have long to wait! It will be wobbly and scary at first- but before you know it your baby will be sitting next to you on the couch!

my son sat up on his own around 5 and a half months-so sweet!!!