Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Last night I learned that there are people that don't believe in God?

I never heard of that before. I think that would make God and Jesus sad. Would you believe in him if I told you that Jesus loves you and I asked you to believe in him? Please?

that's what my grampa used to call me. He's with Jesus now.

Favorite Answer

Sweety, you are talking to the wrong crowd. Most of these people on here are stone cold Atheists who refuse God. Just pray for them and ask God to forgive them and have mercy.

• MM

You have to get used to a very important fact if you are to live and get along with other people on this planet....PEOPLE WILL NOT ALWAYS AGREE WITH YOU! There are many religions in the world besides Christianity. There are people who feel sad for YOU because you don't believe in their god too. This doesn't mean anyone is wrong or right. Nobody can prove if god exists or not.

This just means you have a lot of growing up to do. If you expect the rest of the world to think just like you, you are in for a RUDE awakening in life. Did you really think everyone believed in the same thing as you? What rock have you been under all your life? Do you live with a cult or something?

Personally, I feel sad for someone as sheltered as you! I can't imagine growing up so ignorant and sheltered about the world! Since my parents were Agnostic, they taught me about all religions. I got to go with my friends to just about every kind of church imaginable by the time I was 10 years old! Now I have chosen to be an Atheist. It's nothing against religious people but to me ALL of it sounds like a bunch of man made fairy tales!

This can't be a serious question... jeez.

Yes, there are people out there that don't believe in "God". They are called Atheists. There are also Agnostics who do not believe in Heaven or Hell, but believe that something created life. It's not all that surprising. You'll run into a lot of people that will most likely judge you for believing in God.

I'm not saying that I'm one of those people. True, I'm Atheist, but I have nothing against people that believe. Yet, I would not convert to Christianity or anything of the sort if you asked me. I can't change my beliefs in the blink of an eye.

• Amy R

Um, no. Because God and Jesus are just stories to people who do not believe - stories amongst dozens claiming to be about the "real" creation and nature of divine power in the Universe. And since many people who do not believe have a reason they feel that there is no God and no Jesus, your telling them that they are mistaken will not do anything for them. People who do not believe are not people who did not hear the word - they are people who do not or no longer believe it.

They are not frail in this thought either - would you stop believing in God and Jesus if someone meerly told you you were mistaken? I don't think you would, because you feel Him with you in your heart. Do not imagine that the beliefs of Atheists are any less certain in their hearts. Sometimes we just have to agree to disagree.

I am an Atheist, which means I do not believe in any deity whatsoever. There is absolutely no reason to believe in a deity, even if a 2,000 year old book tells us to - how do you know it isn't fictional?

If I took a locked chest and told you there was a magical purple dragon inside - but you cannot see it, touch it, smell it, or hear it - measure or prove that it is there, would you believe me it was there?

If there was absolutely no way to prove it was there, then why would you believe it was there in the first place? This is the same reason why I do not believe in your deity, there is too much evidence that is lacking to provide anything to begin to support the existence of any deity.

Source(s): Atheist

honey there are a lot of people that would agree with you but a lot of people are going to laugh in ur face. so to speak. I'm a Christan and i believe is God. but you can't try to change EVERYONE. b/c some don't want it and those of you who make mean and ugly coments on here do need some jesus because you are probally scaring this girl! grow up mature answers! Also some of my screen names are psycho twiller wanna say somthing bout that! every one has a different persoanlity and that may not even be her username! she might be using her friends so GET the HELL off her back! and yeah u wanna say something about the word i just used! go ahead! that will just prove my point and make my day!

Why do you think this God is real and not other countries' popular Gods? Because you were born here and it's the popular God here?

People have believed in many weird gods and religions besides Christianity. I don't believe in ANY of them because there is no evidence and the Bible has too many parts that are either morally messed up or don't make sense.

Someone with a username like "angelfuck" talking about God and Jesus. Whats up with that?

There are people that believe in all different things. It's not necessary for us to all be the same. It's an impossible task to be attempting to change peoples' views on a daily basis. Just believe in what you want, and let everyone else believe in what they want.

<drink>

Never heard of people not believing in god? Either you are very young or live under a rock. There are more religions and more gods than the one you worship, whichever that may be.

There are also those of us who don't buy into any of it. I tried. It didn't work for me. I'm much happier now.

• googie

Each person believes in his/her own way.So long as you have respect for yourself and treat others as you wish to be treated humanity will have no problem. When someone wishes for you to think as they do and exert their efforts to make it so, that is the start of big trouble whether it is from a God fearing person or a non-believer.

Source(s): Think of the number of immigrants who came to the US from the Pilgrims to the Germanic people to the Latin speaking Europeans to escape the religious sectors' control.