Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Would you buy this contraption from NASA?

It's a machine that turns urine and sweat into drinking water.

How much would you pay?

• Favorite Answer

Well, I Might for one of our neighbors in the condo complex.

$25.00 Tops. They already embezzled enough...

Actually, the Node 2 water reclamation system is much more sophisticated (and expensive) than the technology used in most municipal water plants. The reason is because the Russians have very, very tighter water quality restrictions.

Short answer: no, because I don't need to.

The process used by fresh water treatment plants all over the US is simply to settle the 'gunk' out with a chemical like Alum, filter the water through a staged filter, and then final treatment with either ozone or chlorine.

The Space Station's system has to do everything without gravity, and has to deal with all manner of organics including some peculiar volatiles that show up in the condensers that dry the air.

Considering most, if not all major cities these days have water treatment plants I figure we've all been drinking urine for the last 30 years or so (please forgive me if my math is off). Like someone else said, that would be ideal for some of the third world countries, since it is highly doubtful anyone in the near future is going to be brave enough to go into those places and have to deal with disease, war and famine just to build a water treatment plant. Are you listening to me U.N.?! Maybe someone from your office should call NASA and the two of you can work something out to help those people.

To answer the question though I am a tax payer, so in a way, I already bought it!

I want a machine that turns urine and sweat into Budweiser.

Pass!

If they make the finished product taste like chocolate maybe.

I'd have to say no. I just lost some interest in space exploration.

i wouldn't. i'm not fond of drinking water. now if they could turn it into rum well i would be willing to fork out some cash.

Hahahahaha, at first I thought that said "contraception"...

Why change what is so tasty to begin with?