Electric compared to gas boiler? Which is the better choice?

I have 800 square feet that needs to be heated by either an electric or a gas boiler. Overall, which would be the best choice?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It all depends on the cost of energy in your area. Tell us the price of gas, including delivery charges in your area as well as the cost of electricity per kWh and I can tell you which will be cheaper...

In some areas electricity is pretty cheap compared to gas!

I'm a salesperson in the propane and oil business. I have a quick calculator that can compare all of the types of energy taking efficiencies into account...Send me those numbers and I'll let you know...

Source(s): 20 years experience in the propane and home heating business
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

After a long time being all electrical we now have simply had a combi boiler and significant heating equipped and what a change it has made to us.Hot water while wanted for baths,washing up and heating while desired. So fuel is the reply,greater by means of a long way and nonetheless less expensive.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Gas. Without a second thought. Make sure it is an 'A' rated condensing boiler.

• 1 decade ago

go with a gas furnace,

there's always ? on here about boilers there always going out, or having problems with them

Source(s): building maint man
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Gas , the cheaper to run ,more controllable choice

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.