If McCain had won the election, what do you think he would be doing right now, that differs from Obama?

Favorite Answer

Telling the American people that the fundamentals of the economy are strong.

Thank goodness he didn't win.

I voted for Obama, but I'm shocked at a few of these answers.

Senator McCain is a strong politician who has spent years in office and has worked hard to try to better the country in ways that he thought were best.

I think if he were elected he would follow the tradition of waiting a little closer to being sworn in to take action, (which I do view would be a mistake, I am thankful that Obama is putting a team together so quickly and keeping communication with the people up), and I believe that his focus would not be so much the economy but rather the war, or a security issue, one of the areas in which he 'shines'.

As for Palin, I honestly don't know what she would be doing. Probably whatever it is Biden is doing now, only the mavericky way.

Not much at all different then McCain, it seems to me what Obama has been saying today and in past speeches since his election is what McCain said he was going to do during the campaign..

As he isn't a narcissist, he would not be standing behind a podium that proclaims a non-existent Office...

"OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT- ELECT"

He'd also be waiting until he was inaugurated to act like obama is.

Even obama said there can only be one President... oh well, just a start of the string of broken promises, and ideals from Mr. M.T. Suit.

Good question. But really a moot point. McCain would probably be putting his cabinet together as Sarah runs from camera to camera with animal slaughter as her backdrop. Oh come on...a little humor intended.

• Deb R

Sitting around saying how in the world did Obama think he was going to win.

I could say something rude like changing his depends....but i think he'd be all over the place trying to figure out what would "appear" to be the right things to do...but when he realizes that they arent' the right things to be doing, he'll change his course and go another direction....kinda like how he ran his campaign. Thank you America for not voting him in!

Very little difference. They both were pretty much confined by the economic realities.

If Obama keeps Gates as Sec. of Defense and selects Hillary Clinton as Sec. of State, you can expect that his military commitment in Iraq and Afghanistan will also be pretty much the same as what McCain would have done.

There might be a minor difference in how he handles Iran but we will have to wait and see on that one.

Well, he said he would cut fiscal spending, so I am guessing we dodged a bullet by not electing him if that was his brilliant plan.

• The same as Obama, minus the lies.

The shock of his win would have him pushing up daisies right now.

He is extremely old.