Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Am I bad parent if I make my kids eat peanut butter sandwiches for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, 5 days a week?

On the weekends I go all out and give them cereal.

Favorite Answer

heck no!! peanut butter is full of PROTEIN!

sure, we American's have peanut butter sandwiches for lunch. upload honey and peanut butter so that's extra filling and a few vegetables with hummus. many times I consume a salad with grilled rooster and a bite of fruit. yet another good lunch option is a hearty soup with a superb total grain roll.

• s

I hope to God you're not serious. But if you are and for your children's sake, Yes, that is bad parenting. Why would you do this? You're depriving them of imporant nutrients which they need to grow properly. Everyone, and especially kids, need varied healthy foods, for muscle and bone growth, for brain development. Not to mention to make their life a little more interesting.

Is it so hard to make something else for them? Do you not know how, or is it just laziness? If you need advice about what else you can make, I'll be happy to give you easy to make things which you can prepare ahead of time and just heat up for them. Everyone needs some cooked food, if not every day, a few times a week.

Feel free to email me if you want this advice.

Peanut butter is a good source of protein, but kids need a little more than that, try buying a cook book..

it doesn't make you a "bad" parent, just try making them something different for once, or ask for suggestions from them. no worries though, i had to eat pb&j all day everyday before too, so i know what it is like. especially if you are tight on money or just not very good at cooking.

but it's worth a try to do something different for your kids!! they'll appreciate it! =)

poor kids! If that's ALL you have then No. But if you can afford more then do more! That's a horrible memory as a child. Then they won't want to give their kids any PB&J because of you!

Yes. Your depriving your kids of their nutritional needs. Plus, I'm sure their sick of eating the same thing.

frozen mixed veggies are cheap/healthy

pasta is good too

how bout eggs in the AM? like weekends

frozen pizzas?

ramen noodles

grilled cheese & tomato soup

You're just a broke parent. You're only a bad parent if you don't remind them of the kid's in most African countries when they complain about it. LMAO.

That does get a little redundant. Maybe hold the peanutbutter now and then?

I would give you the most horrible mother of the year award.