Where can I get assistance?

It's hard for me to ask this question but my husband just got laid off right before Christmas and we have no idea how we are going to do Christmas for our kids. Where can we sign up for them to be on a tree? How does that work?

I live in Phoenix AZ

Thank you

Favorite Answer

i have been there..we went to dollartree one yr and bought my daughter all kinds of stuff they are all new and in packages and 1.00 cheaper than a thrift store..also i do know that toys for tots helps, the salvation army, and the united way. you need to get them on the lists asap to help also..i dont know if they have this or not where you are, but one yr i went to h&r block and i got a loan off my income tax in december i will be doing that this yr they start it on november 17th this monday maybe you should check into that. its like a line of credit off your income tax. you know come to think of it one yr my mom couldnt afford christmas for me and my brother and she went to rent a center and did a 1 week free thing and got us something there maybe you can get a playstation 3 from there and go to a game stop and buy a few cheap used games. if you need thanksgiving dinner check pantries in your area. the will be giving dinners away and also christmas dinners too. if you need a tree it is best to wait the week before to get it at a great price!! not from a tree lot but like from walmart or your local grocery..I have been there keep your head up and remember your boys love you and they will understand that this yr will be rough but i know better times will come for you and your family..may god bless and i will pray for you..

Angel Tree-The Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program provides new clothing or toys for children of needy families, with angel tree’s often found in high-traffic areas such as malls, churches and corporations. Each tree is decorated with numbered paper angel tags with the first name, age and gender of a child who will receive the gift. To sponsor a child from the Angel Tree, simply remove one or more tags from the tree and purchase appropriate gifts for the child or children described on the tags. The organization displaying the Angel Tree is also the collection point or drop-off location for all gifts.

Toys for Tots- The U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots program helps needy children throughout the United States experience the joy of Christmas; playing an active role in collecting and delivering a shiny new toy at Christmas. Local toy collection campaigns begin in October and last until December 22, with toy deliveries normally taking place on December 23 and 24. Community members drop new, unwrapped toys at toys for tots locations, which are collection boxes positioned in local businesses. These toys are stored in warehouses, sorted by age and gender, and then delivered to needy children at Christmastime.

Operation Christmas Child- Operation Christmas Child brings joy and hope to needy children around the world through shoe boxes or small plastic containers filled with unwrapped toys, school supplies, candy and other gifts, then shipped to needy children overseas with a personal note included. Suggested gift ideas include toys like small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, and toys that light up and/or make noise. Christmas gifts of pencils, pens, crayons, markers, coloring books and other art supplies are encouraged, as are gifts of toothbrushes, toothpaste, bar soap, and other personal care, hygiene items.

Make a Wish Foundation- You can make this holiday season special for children dealing with life-threatening medical conditions and illnesses by your generous donations to the Make a Wish Foundation of America Adopt-A-Wish program, thus helping a child’s dream come true. Make a Wish’s unique holiday donation options help grant the wishes of children, creating special memories for the wish child and family. Those who adopt a wish by making a donation are provided a unique and special story of how your donation bought joy to a wish child.

My Two Front Teeth- My Two Front Teeth is a non-profit, charity organization that provides donated toys to underprivileged children in daycare, preschools and community agencies. You can donate toys online; just sign up to receive an email notification prior to the holiday season, choose a child to sponsor and purchase and donate toys to children in need via My Two Front Teeth. My Two Front Teeth offers a personalized, online gift-giving experience to aid underprivileged children. Children are selected through community organizations and allowed to individually pick their one holiday wish.

The Christmas holiday season is fast approaching, so start an annual tradition of charitable giving, donating toys and other items to needy children and families. Setting the right example and role-modeling heartfelt giving, volunteering to help serve holiday meals in shelters or soup kitchens for the homeless, children are less likely to grow up with a serious case of entitlement and will have better appreciation and gratitude for what parents have done for them throughout the years.

http://www.toysfortots.org/contact_us/de...

http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/www_...

http://www.liveunited.org/

Source(s): http://www.toysfortots.org/contact_us/de... http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/www_... http://www.liveunited.org/ check into shop with a cop at your local police dept. they take kids shopping that are needy and also schools enroll kids in to christmas programs talk with their principal. they will take them shopping as well. and if you and your sons need winter coats see if there is a coat closet in your area i dont know where you live or i would give you a website. i hope this helps and i know know there is help for you. please dont get discourged.

the fact of this situation is merely money. case in point a nurse getting to an unlawful individual ought to truly ask for a social secure practices card or some state issued identity. yet they do no longer, because of the fact they cope with their funds in line with provides. in the event that they recieved 20 million final 3 hundred and sixty 5 days serving illegals and that they start no longer attending them this 3 hundred and sixty 5 days, their fees will drop significally, so as that they gets much less money. the comparable ensue with illegals getting GED's, Medicare, college Loans, and so on.

I would go to your town hall and ask. They will have all the right info for you usually.

Check into "toys for tots" as well.

Source(s): having a rough time financially this year

there are lots of organizations that advertise on craigslist.org this time of year too.