Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Can it harm a chihuahua to give birth to puppies when the male was a corgi?

I have heard that the puppies would be too big for her to carry and give birth to.

The corgi was a stray dog. We had planned to get our chi spayed after her cycle.

• Becky
    Favorite Answer

Any time the male is significantly larger than the female, it can cause problems. If this chi is pregnant she should be taken to the vet to evaluate her for a probable c-section.

• Pamela

Now there you go. every one talking about puppy mills and BYBers. well here is a person tat allowed a very small dog to get pregnant to a dog 4 times its size. Instead of getting the poor little aborted and spayed they have donated more unwanted puppies to the world if the mother survives to nurse them.

I am sorry but I am going to start a new policy, unless some one is a showman or show woman, I am going to add a clause to my adoption contract stating all puppies I sell must be spayed or neutered at 6 months of age.

I have been called a BYBer and irresponsible breeder, of which I am neither

People who allow there female dogs to get pregnant are irresponsible owners, and don't give a DAM about their pets.

Source(s): Standard Poodle breeder of 30+ yrs

Yep. Has the breeding already taken place? If so, you should really have her spayed and abort the litter. She would more than likely have to have a costly C-section, plus you would just be adding to the overpopulation of mixed breed dogs, anyway. Spay and neuter both of them. They will be happier and healthier in the long run.

Chi's often require a c-section delivery. And its quite possible that the pups would be too large to carry to term, endangering the health of your Chi and her pups.

Aside from that...why on earth would you not have your animal altered? The world has enough mutts.

My Corgi is named Duncan after Duncan Hines.

• JenVT

probably. most chis need c-sections even when they breed with dogs their own size.

It would do more than harm her, it would KILL her.

Have her spayed now so you don't need to worry about anymore.

It could kill her, if its doesn't she'll end up with a c-section. Please have her spayed.

a c-section would be needed in order to save the dams life.

spay and neuter please