Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 1 decade ago

Has anyone tried mucinex, robitussin or anything containing guaifenesin to help in conceiving?

Has anyone tried mucinex, robitussin or anything containing guaifenesin to help in conceiving? I have read that using products containing guaifenesin will help the process of conceiving. The first question that i have is mucinex or Robitussin better? Has anyone tried it? how soon should it work? How often should i take it? Please tell you stories, experiences or anything you have been told about using any of these products. Thanks in advance of the answers

Favorite Answer

Both are the same & work the same. If you don't care for the taste of cough syrup, the Mucinex is better. Personally, I like Mucinex time released. Just make sure you don't take over 600 mg at on time. You can cause you're cm to be infertile by taking over 600 mg. You start it 5 to 7 days before ovulation.

Be sure to drink lots of water with it. The Guaifenesin needs fluids to work.

If you take it, you need to take it daily and can either take it once a day an hour or two before sex to allow those sperm to get up through the cervix or take it as prescribed though out the day to keep the cm fertile to allow the sperm (in the cervix) to stay healthy. The cervix actually has reservoirs that allow sperm to stay in. For unknown reasons, some sperm stay in the reservoirs and leave it once the egg is released. Cm is designed to allow sperm a easy access up into the cervix and nourishes them for days (that's what allows sperm to live up to 6 days inside a women).

I used the robitussin guaifeenesin... 5 days late for my period as of now! It is supposed to create more friendly cm