(Christians)Can Science and Christianity Truly work together?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Of course! Science proves Christianity all the time. What small minded people forget is that God's time and our own time are very different. Take the 7days to create the earth as we know it...God's 7 days could have been millions of years and is still evolving. His and Hers time is different from our own understanding of a 24hr day.

Science has also found many artifacts to prove the people in the Bible actually lived here on earth and that the stories have truth to them. One can not exist with out the other. God is knowledge! Where do you think all the miracles and break throughs in science come from?

May you be blessed.

• 1 decade ago

Hardly. Sure there may be a few things here and there (archeology), but for the most part, no.

@ Tom P: Epilepsy is caused by devils (Luke 9:39). Yeah, doesn't contradict science at all.[/sarcasm]

@ The Apostle: Show me the chapter and verse where the Bible says the Earth is a sphere and not a two-dimensional circle.

@ Gem Doll: Science has NOTHING to do with morality unless it's procedure and testing certain things like animals. We haven't cloned full humans, however human tissue could be cloned. "The supports dinosaurs, medicine, and many other areas of science." Citation needed.

@ Azure Horse: That's YOUR interpretation, but in the original Hebrew, the word "day" is a 24 hour day. Secondly, the Earth has been around for about 4.2 BILLION years. Science can exist without the Bible and many of the breakthroughs in science came through experimentation, NOT FROM THE BIBLE. Where in the Bible is the mention of DNA, gravity, cars, scientific method and so on?

@ Ex_Pro_and_Ex_Con: Example?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not in my opinion NO. Sat in a science lesson the other day completely disagreeing with the teacher!

The obvious example would be our existence and the creation story alongside the big bang and all the other theories of life people could possibly suggest.

However, what is your opinion on genetic engineering? Should we modify cells to develop into whatever we choose? Isn't this ethnically wrong?

Lets say, for the sake of mankind and keeping another human being alive we choose to mess around with cells and disease and manage to prolong their life, with success. How far do we take it in years to come? If we can prolong a persons life and have a cure for illness, how long could this continue. Do we as humans decide when to end our own lifes?

Shouldn't this only be allowed by God, refered to as 'Sanctity of Life?'

• 1 decade ago

Yes, I have loved science all my life. I have no issue with my religion or science. I think they truly complement each other.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Science, as it is practiced today, is diametrically opposed to Christianity.

Science, practiced with our creator God in mind, could work well in concert with Christianity. God Almighty created all the laws that scientist study today. But, I'll bet you won't find very many scientist who will admit to it.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, as long as science is held to the standard of morality that the bible upholds. God gave man a mind to create and explore. Man always tries to make himself god, by trying to do things only God can do. For instance, cloning another human, or things like cryostasis. But the bible actually supports dinosaurs, medicine, and many other areas of science.

• 1 decade ago

Absolutely.

Most of the early scientists were Christians. It is only the pseudo-science (that tries to explain the origins) that cannot work!

• 1 decade ago

Science and Christianity can, but science and fundamentalist Christianity cannot.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sure but not the way the Atheists put all the thoughts together on the issue

• 1 decade ago

Science is the instrument that gives the evidence of things that ever exists.

So, they work together.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.