Anonymous

How likely will my resume be considered after typing errors?

I've sent two versions of my resume to a prospective employer via email. The first version was in the body of the email. The second was an attached copy in Microsoft Word format.

The issue is that I've just noticed two capitalization errors in the Microsoft Word format.

How likely will my resume be considered after such typing errors?

The E in my first name was capitolized in the heading of my cover letter, but not in the heading of the resume.

Under "Proffesional Highlights", the very first bulliten contains an uncapitalized "o" in the first word of the sentence, i.e. "over two years experience in switchboard operating."

I apologize for my spelling, I assure you however, that no words were mispelled on my resume.

Favorite Answer

It won't even be looked at. nowadays computers scan for keywords, then they are forwarded. if there are any typos at all it is thrown into the trash.

To make a resume, you state each of the jobs you've had in the past, who for, where, and what the job involved. (i.e. a lab assistant for Professor Smith at Smith-Jones University. Helped to prepare lab reports and conduct biology experiments. (Or whatever.)) There's no specific length. A cover letter explains how you found out about the job and gives a basic overview of why they should check out your resume & why you are qualified.

If the errors are just capitalization, it might be fine. They might not even notice! Just try to check next time before sending it out again.

Capitalization error is not so bad, a misspelling would probably put you out if you are not the top candidate.

depends on the job you are applying for if it is something with dictation dn al ot of formal typing you can pretty much expect not to hear back from them

other wise they probably will not notice

If your resume actually gets to HR - I doubt it will be a deal breaker. If HR reaches out to you - offer to send another copy of your resume for their reference.

If they weren't glaring errors, probably shouldn't affect you that much.

In fact unless you highlighted the mistakes it might not even be noticed.

In today's scannable environment, it's entirely likely that your capitalization errors won't even be noticed. Don't sweat it.

Depends on how hopeless the competition is.

depends on the job, but I wouldn't hire you.