Did you know this?.......did you? ?

Did you know that Allah is the only word in Arabic that cannot be plural :D :D :D thats why we say Allah and not God

Bet you never knew that (oh betting is haram sorry)

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes I knew that. Allah is the only non plural word in Arabic !i

• WOrD
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Also if you take the other 99 names of Allah, you will find their meanings are the same as those used to describe "God" through out the world's languages.

Another thing, the word Mecca (unlike other words which change meaning) means the same thing in every major language . It always means the center or nucleus. No wonder the Quran describes it as "Umm al Qura" (mother of the cities).

Its telling us that its in the exact center of the continental mass. This is now proven scientifically. Its exactly in the middle between the eastern most city and the western most city (in relation to continental distribution ). Its also in the most central time zone (all three holy cities) ; The first sunrise 12 hours before Mecca, last sunset 12 hours after Mecca.

• 1 decade ago

I did not know that its interesting

because Elhoim the word for God in Hebrew is plural in the sence of

One cluster of Grapes Yachid the plurality of one

"Unto us a child is born a son is given, and he is mighty God, wonderful in counsel, the everlasting father and the prince of peace/salam." Isaiah 9:6

water steam and ice are all one H2o yet can come in 3 forms

is God more powerful than H2o

David in Messiah Jesus the only Messiah, and as promised mighty God and my prince of peace and best friend

yes God is one! Elohim

"Let us make man in our image" Genesis

and Jewish people hate the Messiah but they cant change their own Jewish Scriptures because God holds His word.

• It is a known fact that every language has one or more terms that are used in reference to God and sometimes to lesser deities. This is not the case with Allah. Allah is the personal name of the One true God. Nothing else can be called Allah. The term has no plural or gender. This shows its uniqueness when compared with the word god which can be made plural, gods, or feminine, goddess. It is interesting to notice that Allah is the personal name of God in Aramaic, the language of Jesus and a sister language of Arabic.

The One true God is a reflection of the unique concept that Islam associates with God. To a Muslim, Allah is the Almighty, Creator and Sustainer of the universe, Who is similar to nothing and nothing is comparable to Him. The Prophet Muhammad was asked by his contemporaries about Allah; the answer came directly from God Himself in the form of a short chapter of the Quran, which is considered the essence of the unity or the motto of monotheism. This is chapter 112 which reads:

"In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate.

Say (O Muhammad) He is God the One God, the Everlasting Refuge, who has not begotten, nor has been begotten, and equal to Him is not anyone."

Some non-Muslims allege that God in Islam is a stern and cruel God who demands to be obeyed fully. He is not loving and kind. Nothing can be farther from truth than this allegation. It is enough to know that, with the exception of one, each of the 114 chapters of the Quran begins with the verse: "In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate." In one of the sayings of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) we are told that "God is more loving and kinder than a mother to her dear child."

But God is also Just. Hence evildoers and sinners must have their share of punishment and the virtuous, His bounties and favors. Actually God's attribute of Mercy has full manifestation in His attribute of Justice. People suffering throughout their lives for His sake and people oppressing and exploiting other people all their lives should not receive similar treatment from their Lord. Expecting similar treatment for them will amount to negating the very belief in the accountability of man in the Hereafter and thereby negating all the incentives for a moral and virtuous life in this world. The following Quranic verses are very clear and straightforward in this respect:

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No i didnt know that. And i am thankful that i learn and received a lot of information today. By the way those reading this so how about the ancient city of Najaf ? i heard a lot of stories like all the Prophets of God like Adam (pbuh), Abrahim (pbuh) and most major Prophets has been there. i want to know more LOL...

• 1 decade ago

lol thats true. about betting and Allah being iin a singal form and canot be plural.

• 1 decade ago

Thats true, no plural no feminine nothing.. Allah is just Allah ~!: )

• 1 decade ago

I have tried to say that to them for about 1 zillion times, but some rocks are impenetrable.

Source(s): Spiderman
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Woah never knew that :o....interesting fact though! =]

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Thank you for telling me something new :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.