Does the Bible support Grey Areas, and Conscience Matters?

"Hate what is bad" and "Love what is Good " Psalms.

Where does shades of Grey creep in and Conscience matters?

Favorite Answer

When you are deciding things that are not serious sins but they would have a implication in your spiritual growth.

EG..movies, books, entertainment.... all these things are ok in themselves but perhaps a person with a bible trained conscience would not go to a violent or sexually explicit movie because he/she knows that God does not like that kind of stuff.

its Law versus Principle.

laws are black and white rules - do not consume blood, do not worship false gods or idols, etc.

principles cover grey areas that are not specifically covered by laws - love your neighbor as yourself, hate what is bad, love what is good, etc. you may not know exactly what is "bad" or "good", but you can figure it out by looking at specific principles.

"do not kill" - thats a specific law. what about playing a video game in which you pretend to kill people? that's where principle comes in - "love your neighbor as yourself" - that principle would, in my mind at least, tell me that even playing a game in which you pretend to kill people would be wrong. because even pretending something fosters up feelings and emotions - which can eventually affect your actions.

The bibl;e should be interpreted by you or me or anyone without being a Father...etc Anyway it leaves space for Grey matters but idk how to explain it. Better ask some one competent and roman catholic

I don't think it does