what can i do to stop biting my nails?

Favorite Answer

yeah i understand your problem i have this bad Habit while i was in the 10th standard. my teacher noticed me a lot time and try to advice me but no result. one day same was happening than my another teacher hear my teacher saying stop nail biting. she came to my class and say its due to lack of some minerals and vitamins which make our brain to think like this and result in nail biting or some other bad habits. my second teacher advice me to take medical advice, you believe from that day after taking some medicine i have stopped this and never bite my nail again. my doctor told me this due to the lack of some vitamins in our body which we not from our diet as we are in the growing age.so we have to take proper medical advice.also do some exercise this will increase your daily nutritional intake and you have more energy to do other useful work. so don't worry about this this problem see normally in growing age.take good food and sleep well.and drink lot of water day time so you can also able to remove harmful chemicals from your body which make you bite nails. visit your doctor soon. and if you know yoga and pranayam do that it will help you a lot.

Habbits.. there hard to break.

Why not try making up some healthy snacks... everytime you feel like biting your nails just take a bite of something like a carrot stick for instance. Thats how I did it.

You could even use chewing gum to take your mind off it.

If all else fails you could put nail varnish on the tips of your nails... wouldnt want to bite that!

Good Luck (:

okay so i used to bite my nails too...... here's what you do:

keep them trimmed short

remember that they could have dirt under them that could get into your mouth

and most importantly remember that chewing your nails can cause ridges in your teeth that look ugly. i should know, my teeth have ridges. the bottoms of my teeth are not smooth and straight like they should be they are all jagged like. its really ugly so if you don't want that to happen to your teeth then stop biting your nails.

if all else fails chew gum

chew gum more often

or wear nail polish

i used to bite my nails constantly and then i started carrying a pack of gum on me all the time and when i'd start chewing my nails i'd stick a piece of gum in my mouth

i bought this nail polish by barielle its called no bite extra growth. i found it on ulta.com. seriously, i swear by it. i also started to take vitamins to promote nail and hair growth. both worked magic and i stopped biting my nails in about 2 weeks max.

put something spicey like halapenio juice on your nails and when u bite them u will get the burning sensation and eventually stop

i had the same problem........wat i did was i went 2 the nail salon and got fake french nails on, and i havent bitten them since!! if that doesnt help, maybe always cary a nail cutter with u so wen u no ur gunna start bitting its rite ther with ya HOPE THIS HELPS!!

Source(s): the nail salon......or nail cutters

the only way you can guarentee to stop biting your finger nails is to chop them off completely. your fingers that is.

what i did, was put nail polish remover, so when you bite them it tastes HORRIBLE! =D

Source(s): i tried to myself, its what my mother did

soak them in nail varnish remover every morning lol - its weird but it tastes nasty so you wont wanna do it any more