Does it bother you when some people refer to Obama as already being the president?

I am glad he won the election, however, the fact is that he is not the president yet. I just saw a question criticizing him and calling him president and the man has not even been sworn in yet.

DRAGON 2012

"Great fortune for U.S."

Update:

I am not racist or ignorant. I do, however like to be accurate. How is that racist and ignorant?

Update 2:

When he is sworn in I will refer to him as such, until then he is president-elect.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Witchy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Not really. I kind of expect it. There will always be ignorant people. I don't mind that. The ones that I mind are the willfully ignorant.

This kind of ignorance says a lot about our government schools, doesn't it?

• Uhlan
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

It does bother me and I bet it bothers Obama, too.

The problem is that Obama doesn't have a choice. The economy is destroyed and Bush is simply running out the clock just as you would expect the worst president in American history to do.

Obama has to do something. Obama may not be president de jure, but there is no question he is president de facto.

• 1 decade ago

It has bothered me the last 8 years having to say President Bush.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, since Bush has already mentally retired, someone has to be. Frankly, Jan 20th can't get here fast enough for me. It does, however, bother me when people criticize him when he's not even President yet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, it doesn't bother me. The current President has vacated the office this year. I can count on one hand the television appearances Bush has given this year. Talk about a disappearing President.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He is Mahdibama.

He was President before he was born. His name was written in the stars! His name has echoed throughout time as the saviour of the Marin County. ABC has made the pronouncement. NBC has made the pronouncement. CBS has made the pronouncement. MSNBC has made the pronouncement.

Wolf Blizer, It is of the CNN, he, the prophet of Mahdibama. He it is who has said it!!

He is President, Caliph and King! He is MahdiBAMA!

A hala Bama, Mahdi!

Lulululululululululululululu.....

Source(s): You it is who are the Racist Imperialist Pig Eater!! You who do not Know of Mahdibama as the saviour of all of Marin County! INFIDEL!
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It only bothers me in as much as it displays, yet again, how ignorant some people are and/or how some will just make it up as they go along with no basis in reality.

• rac
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yes, I see the media treating him as if he were already in power. They have given him the red carpet treatment from the beginning. The whole blanket acceptance of the man is disturbing. I think America is in great trouble.

• 1 decade ago

You are right, some people blame Obama for absolutely everything. Lost cats, broken cars, blocked pipes and the like. But really, it is all George W. Bush's fault! :-)

• Coasty
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Lots of "Idjuts" running around the USA and the world for that matter. I try not let the "Blooming idjuts" get me down.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.