Am i worried about nothing 20 weeks pregnant?

Hi i am 20 week pregnant and for about 2 weeks i have been having pains my be stomah the pain is like a cramp but feels like a stabbing pain to.

i also have a weird feeling down below like i am gonna start my peirod and every time i go to the loo i feel like im gonna start to bleed.

i also have alot of pain in my lower back and the pain is moving up my back and also down my legs and there is no pain when i cough but that wat makes me think something is wrong

should i go to the hospital and get checked out or am i worried about nothing?

thanks

i also had my little girl 5 weeks before falling pregnant with this 1

Favorite Answer

Consult your doctor. They may want to do an ultrasound or have you go to the hospital.

It could be nothing but it could be something too.

Better safe than sorry!

this is totally normal around this time....if you want, you can check with your doctor but this is perfectly normal. funyy thing is I was reading about this on this social network yesterday. check this out:

For some women, a possible side effect of uterine growth is what your OB-GYN would call round ligament pain. Basically, these are pregnancy growing pains that feel like achy or sharp pains on one or both sides of the abdomen. These begin to appear around 14 weeks, but they can strike at any time during the second trimester.

Here's why these pains in the abdomen happen during pregnancy: The uterus is supported by thick bands of ligaments that run from the groin up the side of the abdomen (like the lines of that high-cut bikini bottom you've probably had to pack away by now). As your uterus grows, the supporting ligaments stretch and thin out to accommodate the increasing weight. This weight pulls on the ligaments and causes a sharp pain or a dull ache in your lower abdomen.

The pain is often more noticeable when you change positions suddenly or get up from sitting or lying down, or when you cough. The best way to bring relief? Put your feet up and rest in a comfortable position — that should ease the strain, and the pain.

Source(s): whattoexpect.com (what to expect. com) 14 wks

It may be round ligament pain- stitch like pain on the sides of your body, close to your groin. However the back pain and menstruation like cramps make me want to say - have your doctor check you out just to be safe. Good luck.

• your worried about nothing.. everything is fine your stretching and thats what hurts. As far as your back mine has hurt since week 20 also now im 25 wkks and still no relief mine only got worse.. hope yours improves! Good luck and calm down

What ever hospital or dr's office you go to, you need to call them now and ask to speak to the nurse there..tell her what you are feeling..it could be nothing it could be miscarriage, but you would have to bleed to have a miscarriage, but just to be safe. It also could be a urinary tract infection, which they will proscribe you an antibiotic for. call now.

EDIT: It could be your muscles stretching but its pretty early for that much pain.

Do go to the hospital to get things checked out

Yes I think that you should go to the doctor and get checked. Better safe than sorry. It could be early braxton hicks.

most likely its your ligaments stretching

if your worried about it call your dr- its better to be safe and call than worry and stress yourself out more