Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

Acne help needed please? ?

I have recently started using Erythromycin gel and Benzoyl peroxide 5% gel for acne. It seems to be helping a little bit, but I have a few questions and concerns.

#1. People have always talked about refrigeration, however mine seems to say that it should be left at room temperature. Am I mis-informed on this? Is this why it hasn't worked as well?

#2. I've been experiencing a lot of dryness. How can I combat that without losing the effectiveness of the medication?

Any other general tips?

Thanks, your help is much appreciated.

Thanks everybody, all answers have helped a lot!

Favorite Answer

1. always follow the directions labeled in the product. Don't listen what others say. Instead, follow the directions as strict as possible.

The reason why it may not be working as good as you'd like may be caused by different reasons. Give it some time.

2. Always moisturize your skin! benzoyl peroxide is a very drying agent. Plus, YOU SHOULD USE A SUN BLOCK! when you use benzoyl peroxide, oil-free and noncomodogenic.

(benzoyl peroxide can cause so much dryness that it can make your skin want to produce more oil, which means more acne)

Watch what you eat, exercise, and eat more fruits and vegetables. Drink plenty of water to get rid of toxins.

Source(s): www.acne-advice.com, greates website ever...

1: It's best to do exactly what the medication says and store at room temperature. (I store mine at room temp, also).

#2: I have also experienced dryness in the past, but it is now cleared up because of two inexpensive things:

-Johnsons baby shampoo: Before you put on your acne medicine, wash your face lightly with a small dab of johnsons baby shampoo. It sounds a little weird, but its very antibacterial and it cleans out your pores very well. .You can get it at any local store for abouit a dollar).

-After washing your face with johnsons, apply some Aveeno Daily Moisturizer. I've been using it for months, and my skin looks great. It takes away the dry and flaky affects of the medicine, and it leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth.

Hope i helped :)

1) that's what it says to do so you are good

2) make sure you are using toner and moisture also two times a day i would suggest aveenos because tahts great foe sensitive and dry skin and it will help you alot

make sure you do those 3 steps 2 times a day also use a scrub once a week or 2 times a week for dry skin and it helps clean deep into pores a great one is st.ives apricot scrub !

i do all this and my skin is really great and i used to get acene really bad ! good luck