I have a bipolar boyfriend and he doesnt take his med all the time.?

He blames me for everything and tells me im ******* up his life. what do i do?

Favorite Answer

I dated a bipolar man, who also had ADD (or whatever the new acronym is) and was deemed clincally depressed. He wanted us to have a future and wanted children. Frankly, I was scared at the idea of him potentially passing on any of this to the children, not to mention he worked crazy hours to avoid life (so he'd never be there for the kids...or me).

In the end, we broke up. He wasn't taking his medication or would take it with an alcohol chaser. I told him he needed to understand himself and get a better understanding of his life and where things were going.

Despite his promise to stay in contact and be friends, he has ignored me. I've contacted him a few times and he's replied, promising again to do things like attend the recent re-opening of a local art gallery with me, but it's been about 4 weeks since that.

I don't think he's changed.

I would love to be there for him, but if he's not willing to do what he needs to do in order to control his life, I can't support him.

You need to talk with your boyfriend and explain your position. It may be time to set some ground rules if the relationship is to have a future.

Sounds to me like he has some scientific situation too. Its actual that meds can possibly reason liver injury, yet almost each drugs can. the possibility is so low that its no longer a situation. The bi-polar sickness seems to make human beings stay on negativity, any small element can placed them right into a panic attack, till their meds are right adjusted. She has to lose the guy, or purely get her to appreciate she desires the meds. the advantages a great deal outweigh the unfavourable. If she maintains to ignore approximately her meds, she ought to locate herself hospitalized or maybe committed to psychological wellness. consult together with her family, her physician, her friends, she desires help and data.

substitute alcoholic or drug addict or anger management problems everytime you put in bipolar. Would you still stay? I can say this because I am bipolar and I have at times made my husbands life very rough. He stays because he wants too and because I have learned to try very hard to stay stable. If your boyfriend is not doing that then you may not want to be there.

I have bipolar, and it sucks. It is hard to get anything done, and sometimes I feel like I have no where to go. If he is not taking his meds, leave him. It is not fair to you. Leave him, he will figure it out. My wife left me, I starting taking my meds and it has worked out for the best

He's bipolar and you either learn to live with it or move on.

What you should do is leave...it doesn't get better or go away

RE: Experience