Question to Jehovah's Witnesses or Seventh Day Adventists ?

When using Genesis 3:4 to quote Satan's lie "Ye shall not surely die", how do I answer them if they say that meant Satan was telling them they would not die physically? How does this disprove eternal torment?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ask them what sin the lilies of the field committed, that they also die a physical death??

How can a flower have sinned at all??

Btw, I am nether a JW (although I believe that God will also recreate this and every other planet in the universe, and that they will be inhabited)

Nor am I an SDA (although I believe that Saturday is still the Sabbath of God)

Eternal torment is one of the most horrifying doctrines man ever invented.

• FUNdie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Satan's lie was the beginning of "spiritism" - the belief that the "soul" lives on beyond death. This is what Satan was referring to.

The phrase "immortal soul" is found nowhere in the Bible. It says "only God is immortal", and "the soul that sinneth, it shall die." It also tells us that the Wicked receive no eternal life of any kind, in Hell or otherwise. Eternal life is given only to the Saved, and only then upon Christ's return - not immediately after death. When we die (both the Saved and the Wicked) remain in the grave in an unconscious "sleep" until Christ returns.

The Saved will live and reign with Christ for 1,000 after that (in Heaven, not on Earth). At the end of the Millennium, the Wicked dead of all time will be resurrected to judgment, then destroyed by Hellfire that falls from above, not up from below. They will be instantly incinerated and permanently destroyed. The Bible says "the Wicked shall be ashes under the soles of [our] feet".

Some people use the parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus to support the idea of an eternally-burning Hell; but we must remember that Jesus rarely spoke plainly; everything He said was in a parable form. It was not meant to be literal, but figurative. We can also tell because people in Heaven will not be able to see/communicate with people in Hell, and a single drop of water will not cool someone's tongue who's being "tortured" in Hellfire. It's figurative. Jesus was warning the Pharisees who believed they were above/better than the poor man.

• 1 decade ago

Adam and Eve didn't die right away - they would have stayed alive forever, but Satan lied and said that they wouldnt die if they ate the fruit . . which they did, and they died physically a few hundred years later.

And sinners won't have to suffer eternal torment forever. They will be thrown into the lake of fire, and burned up. They wont have 2 suffer 4 very long, they'll just b burned up and killed then they wont have 2 suffer.

i hope this is helpful!

• Mr. E
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I am neither a JW or SDA but do agree with their view that eternal torment is a false doctrine. The belief of eternal torment is based on the soul of man being immortal. Ask them to show you in the bible where is says the soul is immortal. They cannot do it because it is not there. The bible says over and over again that man and the soul of man is mortal and only the righteous will receive immortality. Later in the very same chapter God confirms the mortality of man by not allowing Adam and Eve access to the tree of life "and live forever."

Genesis 3:22

And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

No, they are easily truly distinctive. seventh Day Adventists are plenty nearer to mainstream Protestants, different than the actuality that they have church on Saturday because of the fact they suspect the unique sabbath could be stated. yet they are trinitarians, they might rejoice holidays and take part in politics, and are not truly customary for proselytizing. Jehovah's Witnesses pass door to door attempting to transform human beings, and don't rejoice holidays or take part in politics or different issues that are too "worldly". and that they don't have faith interior the trinity. they do no longer word the Saturday sabbath like Adventists, and purely have their conferences on Sunday. there is fairly plenty only one element that the two have in undemanding, and that's the doctrine of conditional immortality (meaning human beings don't have souls that are wakeful in between loss of life and their resurrection, and persons who're no longer saved would be annihilated interior the top, truly than go through eternal torment in hell).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ezekiel 18:4 The soul that is sinning, it itself will die. Can't torment something dead.

• 1 decade ago

the were originally meant to live forever. but when they sinned, they started to die. and they did die. and death was brought into the world when they sinned.

Source(s): bible class, study of the bible
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It doesn't matter if your satan said it, or your Jesus. Either way, we all die.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.