Warranty on my cell phone?

My cell phone, the pantech duo, was broken so i took it to the ATT store. They said that it was completely messed up and they gave me a warranty number to call so I could get a new free phone. i have not called them yet, but can i get a free phone other than the pantech duo? or can i get the upgrade of it? or do i have to stick with the same? thanks.

Favorite Answer

If you have had your phone for the duration of the contract, then you can upgrade it but if say you have a two year contract, and you've only had the phone for one year, then you have to replace the phone for another of the same model.

I would think the warranty only covers the phone you purchased originally. It wouldn't hurt to ask them when you call. I just got a new Blackberry from AT&T because mine kept shutting off. Got it in the mail within 4 days of calling.

I honestly doubt you'll even get a replacement for that one... do you honestly think warranty covers such an "accident" ? If it did, I think all cell phone companies would be bankrupt, or more than they are already..

when you call them..if you tell them that you are constantly experiencing problems with that phone and would like a new one..or at least the upgrade..they will work with you..i got my palm upgraded by doing that..best of luck

If you threaten to leave the current provider you have for another they will. It worked for me with Altell.

ur gnna have to stick with the same