Warranty on my cell phone?

My cell phone, the pantech duo, was broken so i took it to the ATT store. They said that it was completely messed up and they gave me a warranty number to call so I could get a new free phone. i have not called them yet, but can i get a free phone other than the pantech duo? or can i get the upgrade of it? or do i have to stick with the same? thanks.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you have had your phone for the duration of the contract, then you can upgrade it but if say you have a two year contract, and you've only had the phone for one year, then you have to replace the phone for another of the same model.

• 1 decade ago

I would think the warranty only covers the phone you purchased originally. It wouldn't hurt to ask them when you call. I just got a new Blackberry from AT&T because mine kept shutting off. Got it in the mail within 4 days of calling.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I honestly doubt you'll even get a replacement for that one... do you honestly think warranty covers such an "accident" ? If it did, I think all cell phone companies would be bankrupt, or more than they are already..

• 1 decade ago

when you call them..if you tell them that you are constantly experiencing problems with that phone and would like a new one..or at least the upgrade..they will work with you..i got my palm upgraded by doing that..best of luck

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you threaten to leave the current provider you have for another they will. It worked for me with Altell.

• 1 decade ago

ur gnna have to stick with the same

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.