Did you know there's a genre called UNblack metal?

Unblack metal is actually CHRISTIAN black metal.

ironic,huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGwxWj_qQow

Youtube thumbnail

Favorite Answer

Too many Metal genres its becoming a joke

• Why yes we did Nadine. Welcome to the party (started around 1994 or 95 I believe).

And some of it is actually decent. Well... some of it...kinda like regular Black Metal there is a lot of repetitve cookie cutter bands also.

Still..not huge on either side of the Genre. 1) I don't like havign Religion or Politics rammed down my throat in music...it's like they have an Agenda. You can write music that promotes your beliefs without every song being about Jesus (or Satan or Baphomet, Kali, Mephistopholes, Beelzebub, or whatever divinity one chooses to embrace.). Some might even feel it is an innaproppriatte format for praise. 2) Honestly for the most part...the Black style leaves me less than impressed, as they (mostly ) rely on blastbeats and repetitive poorly produced guitar along with a very played out vocal style. Honestly..a little originality wouuld be nice. Oh..and speaking as a Bass player..why have one if you can never hear him?

Yeah, I recently found out that one of my favorite newer metal bands is considered "unblack metal"....first of all, I think the term is stupid and I think the sub-genres are getting out of hand...haha....just call it metal or death metal or black metal....

What's next?

"Un-nu progressive pro-death technical black metal......I mean seriously....haha

Check out Miseration....they are sick and some categorize them as 'unblack' metal, which I was wicked surprised about....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZF9MMx-skc

Youtube thumbnail

I had no idea they are sometimes considered 'christian' metal cause none of their lyrics or whatever try to push religion cause I wouldn't be able to stand that....

:)

Lol, that's stupid.

Unblack metal should really be anything that's NOT black metal, not Christian black metal.

Oh dear, what's all this genre-ising coming to?

Yeah I'll just stick to the basics. Rock or Metal. No subgenre-ing

• Jackie

Yeah. It's quite ridiculous IMO.